The Ultimate Hose Nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me bud. I ordered one today and will let you all know what I think.

Jag

Old 04-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Jaguar
Thanks for getting back to me bud. I ordered one today and will let you all know what I think.

Jag
Ahh man. I wish I'd made it here before you spent so much money on this nozzle. Long story short, mine's a piece of junk. I've had it replaced 3 times in the past year and this one is showing signs of screwing up as well. Thank god they don't give me much of a hassle when I send them back! I've sent so many back that, at this point, I know the customer service lady down there on a first name basis. She hates me I'm sure...

Sorry I didn't make it to you sooner.

RP

Old 04-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Moderator &

HAHA! Just kidding. I love it!! It still kicks absolute butt!

RP

Old 04-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
HAHA! Just kidding. I love it!! It still kicks absolute butt!

RP
HAHAHA

Thought I would fall for one of your old tricks?

Jag

Old 04-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Jaguar
HAHAHA

Thought I would fall for one of your old tricks?

Jag
Oh admit it! You were thinking 'crap, I hope this thing turns out well...'

RP

Old 04-29-2004, 07:27 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought two from Sears last summer and love them. I got the hose out this year and hooked one of the nozzles up to it and it broke. The aluminum center core just popped right out. The center is a cross construction made of plastic and that is what broke. Well, I'm glad I got it at Sears as I can just exchange it. But, I used the other one last night to wash two vehicles.

Old 04-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Home Depot has them here, they were $19.99. I picked up 4 several months ago, they came to something like $25.00 each delivered.

Last month, I replaced my 1/2" line and 1/2" spigot. I put a 1"x3/4" tee just after my meter and I ran 3/4 copper to my driveway spigot and used a 3/4 spigot.

This nozzle now ROCKS. I can shoot water over the house now and my two year old cannot even hold onto the hose

Old 04-30-2004, 04:09 PM
on sale now at your local Sears store, or at Sears.com for $14.99
good threw 5/1

Peace
Willfulone

Old 05-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by BostonCowboy

Last month, I replaced my 1/2" line and 1/2" spigot. I put a 1"x3/4" tee just after my meter and I ran 3/4 copper to my driveway spigot and used a 3/4 spigot.

Wrong place. Don't you know that outside hoses that wash trucks and water lawns need to be placed BEFORE the meter?

Old 05-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by J-150
Wrong place. Don't you know that outside hoses that wash trucks and water lawns need to be placed BEFORE the meter?
My meter is out at the road in a manhole... no way to beat that system...well, at least not an easy way to beat it.

RP

Old 05-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by J-150
I have been in the water/sewer industry for 10+ years. Could not do it myself. However I can advise you of several "other" less detectable ways in (cough) lowering your water bill, depending on what type of meter you have. Over the years, I have come across some ingenious ways.

Up here the cost of water is enormous. Here in the Boston area it averages $6.03 / hundred cubic feet.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm all ears

Old 05-07-2004, 08:55 AM
We would love to hear some trade secrets in how to ahem "conserve" water.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:24 AM
If your meter is magnetically driven.....

The meter will consist of the body and a head. The head will probally be plastic. On the side of the head there will be some type of "pin" or screw. If its a screw - remove and 1/4 turn the head off. Most will be breakaway screws tho. If its a pin - use a nail in the center and whack, it will push thru breaking the outer flange. You will find the pin stem inside, when the meter head is removed. In some cases there will be no pin - water dept just being lazy.

Most depts will not check the pin and if they do they will replace it. They need to document its installation to accuse you of removing it. Most people get caught because they are greedy. Instead of taking the head off on weekends only, they will leave it off and reduce thier water consumption by more than half and in some cases zero. This will red flag your account.

Meters can be removed and turned around causing the register to turn back. I have had several cases that were investigated because, at the end of the month we owed the customer money??

You can drill a tiny hole in the register head and insert a paper clip to stop the sweep hand and this will stop all registration.

I have heard, but have never verified, that you can take a large magnet and find the sweet spot and stop registration.

The toughest but hardest to find, is to dig at the foundation where the line enters the building and tee off a connection and loop it back into the house. Thus allowing you to back-feed the house by shutting off the valve at the meter.

Some towns allow second meters for lawn sprinklers and pool fills. You can run a garden hose from this spigot back into the house, shut the main meter down and back feed the house.

On some meters you can put a large C clamp and pinch the top center of the register head, stopping the sweep hand and thus stopping registration.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:43 AM
thanks for the heads up.

I may have to give this a try.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Hose Nozzle