paint protection on rear window trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paint protection on rear window trim

I just bought my truck 03 and had the dealer use paint protection as on my last truck it worked great, anyway they got some of it on the trim which goes around the rear window. I tried vinyl cleaner (ford brand) and it did not remove it.

Does anyone have any sugestions on how to remove the residue or will have to get the window trim piece replaced? Thanks for any help

Old 07-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is it like a clear coat material or something? I'm not familar with the stuff that you're mentioning.

RP

Old 07-07-2003, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not sure, i'm guessing its just some kind of wax as there is white residue on the widow trim - basically looks as if its faded in that one area

the sheet they gave me says tricare aswell as the company tricore automative group inc.

thanks for the help

Old 07-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm really not familar with the stuff that you're talking about however; this is what I would recommend.

1st. You say that the dealer installed this sealant thus, in my opinion, if that's what it is, they should be liable for taking care of it. Don't settle for a free bottle of vinyl cleaner and a pat on the butt (although, I thouroughly enjoy a nice pat). Take it to them and tell them that you'd really like it if they'd take care of your problem. Most dealerships are pretty proactive, especially when it comes to something that they potentially might have done.

2nd. If it's 'wax'. You should be able to agressively buff it out with something like Meguiars #9 or similar. I don't recommend that you use this product on anything other than the rear window trim though... do not use it on the rubber moldings beneath the windows.

3rd. Replacement. You can probably come up with that surround piece at your local junkyard fairly cheap. Installation isn't a bear but, I would alot a day to take care of it.

Best of luck!!

RP

Quick Reply: paint protection on rear window trim