help!!!! Wife hit a pole!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy help!!!! Wife hit a pole!!!!!

Hey all,

Last week my wife took my truck to work while her SHO was in the shop. She called me that morning completely upset stating that when parking the truck, she hit a pole this leaving small ripples and white paint on the passenger side rear wheel well.

any ideas as how I could get the white paint off of the truck so I can see exactly how bad the truck is dented?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin
Minnesota

Old 07-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hard to determine without seeing it however; I think that since the paint is on the surface of your paint (from the sounds of it), clay might remove the paint. Not sure though....

Best of luck with everything and I'm glad the wife was okay.

RP

Old 07-07-2003, 03:52 PM
You might try Scratch X by meguiars...Just a suggestion, I don't know how embedded it is.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Bloomquist & rockpick,

Thanks for the info. Could you define clay? as in pottery clay?

Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that my wife is fine. she just couldn't understandit that there are certain arguments that you can't with a Ford and a pole happens to be one of those arguments.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:34 PM
kevlapp-

Sorry to hear about your wife's bad experience.
I think the clay that RP and everyone is refering comes in bar form just for automotive finish use. I think Meguiars makes some. I know Zaino also makes the stuff.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Not a real expert with the clay. I do clay my truck so you want to make sure it is lubricated. You can use a spray bottle filled about 2/3 with water and a little car washing soap or just a regular bucket of car wash soap like you would use for washing. You would put this on before claying or the clay will stick to the truck.

However, I would caution that if the paint chips are kind of big you “may” cause more scratching to the paint. I don’t know for sure so hopefully one of these guys or someone will chime in on that being a possibility or not.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd just spray some carb cleaner onto a rag and wipe it off (DO NOT spray it onto the truck). It will come right off, but you should work fast. Lacquer thinner also works well and is not as harsh as the carb spray. If you work fast it won't harm the paint. I've done it on several cars and never had a problem. Try it in a small out of sight test area first, but I'm sure it will work well.

Quick Reply: help!!!! Wife hit a pole!!!!!