Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel

I've seen this product on the shelf lately and thought I'd toss a hook, line, and sinker out there to see if anyone is using it.

My father has used it and, honestly, his tires looked EXCELLENT and he claims that they look that way for well over a week after he applies the stuff.

Anyone?

RP

Old 07-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does work pretty well, but I found it also collected a lot of dust and turned the tires brown if I didn't use it regularly. Photo.

I've been using Armor All tire spray this year and I think this works much better. Makes the tires look wet and shiny for a few weeks, as long as it doesn't rain. It's also easier to wash off before applying it again. With the spray, you need to be carefu about staining the driveway and it also stays wet for a few hours so you can't drive right away.

I prefer the spray

Old 07-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Moderator &

Thanks for the input AJ. I guess I might just stick with what I currently use and like (vinylex) but, if it's on sale... maybe, just maybe, one of these days, I'll pick up a bottle.

RP

Old 07-08-2003, 05:06 PM
I use it RP. It's pretty good stuff, with decent durability. Bit of pain to apply, and you have to make sure you wipe off any excess to avoid "fling". I like to apply it, let it sit overnight, wash off any excess, and apply a water based protectant on top of it. That combo gives me my best durability of all the products I've tried to date.

HTH

Old 07-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Moderator &

Hermmmm.... decisions decisons...

I guess I'll use up a bottle of 'something' and that will give me an excuse to but/try it. I really need to use some of the crap I have before buying more....

The tire shine row on the shelves in the garage is looking VERY crowded!

LOL!

RP

Old 07-08-2003, 06:58 PM
I'll take those bottles of 'something' (or crap) off your hands so you can have an excuse to buy some.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Hermmmm.... decisions decisons...

I guess I'll use up a bottle of 'something' and that will give me an excuse to but/try it. I really need to use some of the crap I have before buying more....

The tire shine row on the shelves in the garage is looking VERY crowded!

LOL!

RP
You could always mix some of that stuff on the shelf with some water in a spray bottle, and use it for detail spray for the wheel wells. That's how I use up a lot of that stuff I know I will never use!

Old 07-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
You could always mix some of that stuff on the shelf with some water in a spray bottle, and use it for detail spray for the wheel wells. That's how I use up a lot of that stuff I know I will never use!
Currently doing that.

Old 07-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Moderator &

So far, this stuff is, by far and away, the best stuff I've ever used...

Then again, I just applied it.

We'll see how the 'Endurance' works but, as for shine, it's EXACTLY what I want.....

My only complaint is GRAPE? Why grape? I can just see a 3 year old getting a hold of the bottle and thinking that its kool-aid...

Sure, it smells fine but, I really don't want my garage smelling like Bubblicous.

RP

Old 07-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Hmm, I may just have to try that stuff out, is it very shiney?

lol! Grape

Old 07-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by bloomquist
Hmm, I may just have to try that stuff out, is it very shiney?

lol! Grape
I bought the high shine or high gloss (can't remember what they call it) and yes, it's pretty high luster... however; my father uses the regular endurance tire stuff and it just makes the tire look spit shined new.... very good looking.

RP

Old 07-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Hmm, ok I'll have to try it out!

Old 07-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Rock, I'd throw in another vote for the Endurance Tire Gel. Been using it on both my vehicles for quite some time now with very good results. The only issue you may have with it is trying to clean the tires up prior to your next application. This stuff is pretty hard to get off, so you'll have to step up your cleaning process accordingly to get the tires prepped properly before re-coating. Other than that little issue, I think you'll learn to really like the stuff.

Boss....... What water based product do you put over the Endurance Tire Gel? I've never taken that step and was curious what you were using.

-Mike-

Old 07-28-2003, 06:23 AM
BigDeal,

I've tried several....................... Zaino's Z16, Meguiar's #40, and just recently, Poorboy's Bold & Brite. All of them look nice over the Endurance. The Endurance kind of acts like "surface prep" for tires. I like to wash off excess Endurance and buff it a little with a towel and then let it dry. Then, the application of a good water based dressing goes on very even, and smooth. Plus, when the water based ones wash off, the Endurance seems to still be there, and continues to allow easy application of the water based dressings.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Moderator &

Other than the bubblicious smell, I'm still sold on this stuff. I've used it in conjunction with the Vinylex (my protectant of choice) by using the aforementioned procedure (put the Endurance on then, after drying, a coat of water based protectant) but, all in all, I didn't see a difference in longevity.

I will tell you that if you're just using the endurance, you might want to consider wiping the tires down with a rag ever so often to get the road dust off of them. Anything that you use will attract a certain amount of dust and dirt and/or your tires will get dirty from using your truck. It's just the world that we live in... it's dirty.

RP

Quick Reply: Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel