Interior Fan Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Fan Noise

Has anyone figured out how to eliminate the interior fan noise when running the A/C or heater? Will it need to be replaced or is there some way to clean and lube it to eliminate the noise? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Old 07-09-2003, 07:27 PM
When you say “noise” do you mean the normal noise or has it got noisier since you have owned the truck?

If it is the normal noise then there is nothing you can do for it. It is inherit to the design of the motor, blower wheel design, ducting etc. If it has gotten noisier over time it may be the blower wheel has loosened up and maybe rubbing against the ducting or the bearings in the motor have gone bad, or there could be some debris somewhere in the system causing some air flow restrictions thus more noisier then before.

Old 07-10-2003, 06:40 AM
The noise has gotten louder over time...almost like a rattling sound. It actually is not as bad when I turn the fan on high. I am sure the fan and motor are mechanically sound. I am not sure how to get at the fan to clean out any debris but I will probably figure it out next week while I am off for work. Thanks again.

Old 07-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Every once and a while I used to get leaves in the fan unit. You have to pull the fan cover off to clean out. It was fairly easy. You just have to be double jointed get under the dash on the pass. side.

Quick Reply: Interior Fan Noise