Polish that will remove water spots from billit aluminum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Polish that will remove water spots from billit aluminum?

Tried all the ones I have, incl Mother's Metal Polish...nothing works.

I'm thinking "Harley Dealer" after work, but suppose their polish prices will be as bad as their cycle prices.

Help! Hoping for something common and reasonably priced.

Old 07-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm using Adams Aluminum polish topped with a good wax or sealant..I kinda like Klasse glaze to top it off.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/miva/me...ategory_Code=D

Old 07-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try some acetone or nail polish remover on a peice of paper towel, but be warned those two chemicles also love to remove paint.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The first thing I'd want to know is if your "billet aluminum" has any clear coat over it. This makes all the difference in what you can do to remove water spots. If it does not have any clear coat, it comes down to a highly scientific process of "polishing your butt off."

This past weekend I detailed a 26' Eliminator Daytona Cat (boat) and it had a number of uncoated billet aluminum parts on the stern (back). Just to pick one example, it had one small swim platform on each side of the stern. Each one took an hour by hand with Flitz metal polish to bring back to a decent shine. All that stuff on the stern took a total of 3 hours! The whole boat took 6 hours. (The immediate result was a great looking boat and me looking like crap.)

If you have a clear coat of any kind, be careful! Treat it like a painted surface and do not use aggressive solvents (like Acetone) on it or you'll end up with an uncoated surface in a real hurry. You might want to try a very light polishing compound (like Liquid Ebony) designed for paint and applied by hand - no buffer. Good luck and be careful.

Quick Reply: Polish that will remove water spots from billit aluminum?