Question on Meguiars

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question on Meguiars

OK, so here is my question. I have sworn by Meguiar's for some time now. I used the Showcar Glaze, followed by the Carnuba Wax. I was talking to my friend in the detailing business, and he told me that I don't need to wax over the Showcar Glaze, said it is redundent. Is this so? I had originally been told that the Showcar Glaze just cleans up the finish, and then you need to seal it in with the wax. Someone must know more about this than me, and I thought this guy would since he is in the biz. Thanks for any input.

Old 07-14-2003, 02:51 PM
If you friend is talking about Meguiar's #7, or #5, then he is wrong. Show Car Glaze is pretty much nothing more than oils and fillers, and has no durability. Also, whoever told you that the Show Car Glaze will "clean up" the finish is wrong too, as #7 has almost no cleaning abilities (it does have a tiny, tiny bit). The last part about sealing it with wax is correct.

If in doubt about any of this info, you can always contact, or email Meguiar's for confirmation............... although sometimes you get different answers for the same questions. However, the above questions are pretty easy ones.

Hope this helps

Old 07-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Thanks Boss. I guess I just meant by 'cleaning up' that it helps fill and smooth some of the small scratches/swirls. I know there are heavier cleaners out there as well. Sounds like I was doing it correct all along by using the Showcar Glaze and Wax. Also thanks for the advice on checking with Meguiars, I will go to the website and look at the info.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
#7 is a pure polish. Polish offers very little to no protection... you MUST use the #26 in conjunction.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:06 PM
I did my truck with Meguiar's cleaner wax, and followed it up with yellow #26 today. Now watch, it'll rain tommorrow.

Old 07-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
#7 is a pure polish. Polish offers very little to no protection... you MUST use the #26 in conjunction.
Now far be it from me to contradict RockPick, me being as big a meguiars fan as him, but...... You must use some kind of wax after the #7, it doesn't have to be the #26, but RickPick and I just highly recommend it.

Old 07-18-2003, 04:06 PM
How dare you forget ME! I use #26 too!

Old 07-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Bri9801
Now far be it from me to contradict RockPick, me being as big a meguiars fan as him, but...... You must use some kind of wax after the #7, it doesn't have to be the #26, but RickPick and I just highly recommend it.
This is correct. Just pushing the 26 I guess...LOL.

Quick Reply: Question on Meguiars