Eagle One All Wheel & Tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Eagle One All Wheel & Tire

Eagle One ROCKS!!!

Posted a problem a couple o' months ago where I was using Westley Bleche White to clean my tires on my 2003 and some of the overspray slightly marked up my wheels with what appeared to be water stains but doesn't come off. I submitted my problem to http://www.topoftheline.com/ where there's a link to ask detailing questions to this email address: ask@topoftheline.com and received the following response:

"I'm sorry, but your Westley product contains an acid in that has permanently etched your paint. A lot of wheel cleaners also have acids that will do this. They do not harm aluminum or chrome, but cannot be used on coated alloy or aluminum wheels.

You might consider removing the coating and just care for the aluminum with a polish designed for that. Eventually, the clear coat will develop microscopic cracks that allow the metal to oxidize under the paint. You will have to remove it eventually."

I had always cleaned my tires & wheels the same way on the 2001 I had and never had any damage on those clear-coated wheels...must be cheaper clearcoat on the 2003's.

So......a word of caution when using the Bleche-White product, watch the oversparay.

I then posted a question looking for a tire cleaner that didn't do this, since it's so hard not to get overspary onto the wheels. Well I found it!!!!!!!! Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner A2Z: http://www.eagleone.com/_products/1,1020626.asp

This stuff cleans the tires nearly as well as Westley's but has NO ACID that will etch the clear coating!!!!! Best of all you use it on the tires and the wheels. One less jug in the car care bucket!

Old 07-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Have you ever tried Scrubbing Bubbles? It works awesome and is safe on all surfaces. I have never had any issues.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I typically use a mixture of Crisco, battery acid, and ketchup on mine. Works great!

Old 07-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
I typically use a mixture of Crisco, battery acid, and ketchup on mine. Works great!

Old 07-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by RockPick <<-----needs

What a weirdo, LOL

Old 07-23-2003, 11:20 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by RockPick
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm... sounds good, i should special order that on my next big mac..lol

Old 07-24-2003, 12:41 AM
I generally put shaving cream on my tires and them I shave it off with a razor every day. It keeps the rubber clean, the only downside is I have to change the tires every couples days

Old 07-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by bloomquist
I generally put shaving cream on my tires and them I shave it off with a razor every day. It keeps the rubber clean, the only downside is I have to change the tires every couples days

Ain't that a b!tch. Yes I love Eagle One A2Z, great stuff. Works wonders on tires, I wonder what else I could use it on *ponders*

Old 07-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Moderator &

I'm really like that Nivea Shave Gel myself... much better than the Gillete stuff.

RP

Old 07-26-2003, 07:08 PM
Old Spice shave gel...the woman has noticed a difference

Old 07-27-2003, 02:37 PM
I like to use good ol fashion Barbosal mixed with some blinker fluid, works fantastic and really helps with baked on crap, then I put on some aftershave for protecting them, smells great too j/k guys

Old 07-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Moderator &

Blinker fluid? LMAO!!!!

Seriously though, whatever tire protectant/shinerupper that you're using... I strongly recomend the Eagle One Tire Swipes.

They're super simple and very cheap. They consist of a foam applicator with a rubber-like backing that makes the 'tire stuff' go on with ease and very evenly.

They're only around $2 at Wal-Mart. Check them out!

RP

Quick Reply: Eagle One All Wheel & Tire