Finally got to use my new Microfiber Towels

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got to use my new Microfiber Towels

For you that have never used microfiber towels before, you gotta take the plunge. These towels are great! I've always gone the 100% cotton terry towel route in the past, and it usually took me three or so towels to dry down my whole truck after a wash. Today, I finished the whole job with one microfiber towel, and didn't leave a spec of lint anywhere. Did I mention these towels are great! Another plus is that they are the softest thing I've ever found to use on the truck, so I don't think I'll ever have any scratch worries. A side benefit to using microfiber is that I can cut way back on the number of cotton towels I need to keep in the cabinet (which opens up all kinds of space for new detailing products ).

So in closing, I'd just like to say that microfiber towels are great (did I mention that earlier? Aw, nevermind).

-Mike-

Old 08-02-2003, 11:07 AM
BigDeal,

What brand MF's did you get?

Old 08-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Boss_429
BigDeal,

And, where did you buy and how much?

Old 08-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
I told you a long time ago that you needed to try these things... but nooooooooooooooooo why listen to Rockpick?

RP

Old 08-02-2003, 01:34 PM
BigDeal,

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Got them from Dwayne at www.premiumautocare.com. Bought the Platinum Products starter kit and got two 16x16 towels in the kit. Then, based on Dwaynes recommendations, I bought two of their $12.95 / 20x40's for wax removal (http://www.premiumautocare.com/supplusmicto.html), and two of their $14.95 / 25x36 waffle weave's for drying the truck (http://www.premiumautocare.com/platsupsofdr.html). And as I mentioned before, I think, these towels are great!

-Mike-

Old 08-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
I told you a long time ago that you needed to try these things... but nooooooooooooooooo why listen to Rockpick?

RP
Oh, I listen it's just that I am not good at always taking notes, never have been...

I wanted to try them based on "your" recommendation but haven't thought about it and didn't remember where you got yours at...

Old 08-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Thanks BigDeal...

Old 08-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BigDeal
Got them from Dwayne at www.premiumautocare.com. Bought the Platinum Products starter kit and got two 16x16 towels in the kit. Then, based on Dwaynes recommendations, I bought two of their $12.95 / 20x40's for wax removal (http://www.premiumautocare.com/supplusmicto.html), and two of their $14.95 / 25x36 waffle weave's for drying the truck (http://www.premiumautocare.com/platsupsofdr.html). And as I mentioned before, I think, these towels are great!

-Mike-
Excellent! I also have some of Premiums towels. They are pretty nice. However, if you start buying more MF's, you might want to consider JT International towels. I have 40 of them now. With shipping they cost around $2.75 each, and are every bit as good as the premium towels. However JT's towels only come in 16 X 16.

Anyhow, did you get to try the Platinum starter kit yet? Interested on hearing your thoughts on the UPP!

Old 08-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Excellent! I also have some of Premiums towels. They are pretty nice. However, if you start buying more MF's, you might want to consider JT International towels. I have 40 of them now. With shipping they cost around $2.75 each, and are every bit as good as the premium towels. However JT's towels only come in 16 X 16.

Anyhow, did you get to try the Platinum starter kit yet? Interested on hearing your thoughts on the UPP!
I'll take note of JT International as I really like the 16x16's. Do you have to buy in any required quantity, or can I order as many as I want? Also, is there a link for JT you can post?

As to the Platinum stuff, no I haven't gotten to try it yet. I did my truck yesterday and today, but trying to catch up with my wife long enough to get her truck for any real amount of time is really hard. The weather is also puttin' it to me since it seems to rain every afternoon anymore. I rolled my truck into the garage yesterday right before the weather hit, and I'm finishing my wax job today while it's raining. I'll post a thread as soon as I can get the stuff on my wife's SUV.

-Mike-

Old 08-02-2003, 04:06 PM
BigDeal,

I don't believe there is a minimum? The first time I ordered 15, the second time I ordered 25 so that I don't have to keep making UPS rich.

Anyhow, if you get his towels, you'll want the "micro-touch" towels, as they are the best for detailing.

You need to emal Tom at: jtintern@hotmail.com

He will email you back a price list, and instructions on how to order.

Keep us posted on the UPP stuff!

Quick Reply: Finally got to use my new Microfiber Towels