engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question engine compartment

How do you guys clean and detail your engine compartment? I did a search but didn't get much. Obviously I don't want to just spray everything with Simple Green and then hose off right? I'd like to stay ahead of it so it doesn't get ugly. I don't mind spending the time to brush/wipe everything, but some of the nooks and crannies are hard to get to. So if some of you detail minded gurus out there could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks,

Old 08-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Umm, dad uses some type of engine cleaner, it's a foam and you let it sit for like 5 min, then hose off. too tired to go see what it is.

Old 08-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Simple Green works for me. In fact I can't think of anything I've used that works any better and I've tried most of the available products. I like this stuff so well I bought 5 gallons of it (Automotive Strength) at Checker Auto. I was in there the other day and saw it. I was only aware of the 1 gallon large size prior to this. I've found another use for this that I think rocks. Once you've cleaned your truck spray the wheel wells (full strength) underneath your truck and leave it. Don't rinse it off. It leaves your wheel wells dark and makes cleaning super easy next time you spray it off. I can't explain the dramatic improvement that this makes to a clean truck plus it makes your truck smell good from the outside. I know people are going to laugh at me when they read this but this stuff works great. If by chance it scares you dilute it. I've been doing this for a year now and it doesn't seem to hurt anything (your results may vary). I know I'm going on a bit here but I should be a poster child for Simple Green. I use it to clean everything from showers to machine guns it's great.

Last edited by GearHead_1; 08-12-2003 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Cool

Evening folks, I like to use Castrol Super Clean, it does an awesome job, you just have to wipe your radiator hoses and other small hoses off when you get done. This will prevent them from turning white.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:23 PM
I clean with the simple green and mist it down with the formula 303

Quick Reply: engine compartment