How hard is it to get concrete off the paint?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How hard is it to get concrete off the paint?

Went out of town for the weekend and left the Expy at the airport. Well when I get back I find concrete splattered over the driver's side of the whole truck. Turns out they put in a new sidewalk about ten feet away from the truck and either didn't bother to use something to shield it with or had some jealous worker that decided to splatter some on it. Had the airport police take a report and they said either the contractor or the airport will cover the repairs. I'm just wondering what they will have to do in order to repair it. Will they have to repaint the side or will they be able to get it off somehow? This happen to anyone here before?

Old 08-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Yes, someone did post about it not too long ago... not sure what the verdict was, but you could try searching it up.

How big are the splats?

Old 08-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
oops...

Last edited by Raoul; 08-14-2003 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:29 PM
I recently posted about it because I had some splatters on my truck, they eventually hardened up. I washed it with my regular technique and where the concrete was, I took a cotton rag, and some elbow grease and it came off rather easily. I just put a coat of wax and QD'd the truck 2 weeks prior to this little incident, so the fresh wax helped me out to get it off alittle easier.

I also got some splatters on the window, I just used a razor blade for this scenario, keep the razor blade flat onto the window so you don't strach it. Let the blade do the work, not your arm for this part. If you do get some sctraches on your window, you can take an abrasive glass polish that will help remove them. Pro makes a good one, forget the number on it, it's like C-42 or something, don't quote me there. That's what I did, worked fine for me,,,,,,91

Old 08-16-2003, 10:25 AM
To get it off a window use steal wool thats what we use at the car dealer ship i work at. steal wool grit "#0000" thats the important part. if you use it it will remove anything from glass.

Quick Reply: How hard is it to get concrete off the paint?