Red paint on tailgate

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Red paint on tailgate

I slammed the trailer tung into the tailgate.

I brought home a load of top soil. Since I needed the truck I was going to drop the trailer off in the grass and more if around with the garden tractor, so I flipped up the lock down and lifted. It was to heavy, so I looked the situation over and decided to back the truck over the grass and shovel it out right now before dark.

I'm sure you can just see what it comming. Just after sunset I was pushing the last of the dirt out, standing at the back of the trailer when the tung poped up with the tail gate down.

Now I have red paint on the tail gate. No dent or scratch, just a line of red paint. Is this an easy fix?

Old 08-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more than likely. Just get some wax and use pleanty of elbow grease. That's what I usually do.

Old 08-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could try something like Meguiars Scratch X. I backed up a little to close to an old steel pole in the ground in a parking lot, and it shared it's brown paint will my left rear fender (gave a few scratches as well). After a little work with the Scratch X, you can't find a single mark.

-Mike-

Quick Reply: Red paint on tailgate