Argh....!!! Somebody sideswiped my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argh....!!! Somebody sideswiped my truck!

Put this in APPEARANCE 'cause when somebody sideswipes your vehicle, it definitely causes an appearance problem.

Anyway, this morn as I did my Sunday ritual of cleaning my Red truck, I noted that the corner of my front bumper had a 10" scruff and white paint on it. Enouch of a swipe that the plastic bumper mold was abraded pretty deep. I did get most of the white paint off but the abrasion is still there. Doesn't it just burn you up when somebody "taps " your vehicle just cause they don't have reverse in order to back up to assure clearance when they are squeezing by you or they are just callous enough to do some damage to a vehicle that obviouly is well taken care of.
I always park away from others or anywhere shopping carts can wander into my truck. Still, there are those who will FIND you!

I went to Wal-Mart this morning and although I parked away from most activity, when I came out there were vehicles around me. I am sure this happened this morning as I certainly would have noticed this scuff since I was in and around my truck all day yesterday.
I'm sure this happens to a lot of yall.... but I can say this is only the 3rd such incident in 7 years with this truck......

Old 08-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Angry

dirty mud humpin rat bastads , that sucks man, sorry to hear about it, and I hope everything works out ok for you.

Old 08-31-2003, 11:36 PM
i had almost the same thing...

except i was on my honeymoon in FL. didnt notice til i got back home, my wife said "what happened to your truck??" apparently someone had trouble backing out of a space next to me or something, swiped the drivers rear of my FLARESIDE (read: FIBERGLASS BED) and cracked it all the way from the wheelwell to the taillight.

Old 09-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Yep, that's why I park all the way at the other end of the parking lot. I also set my alarm sensitivity to the max that way if anything even touches the truck, the whole damn place will know about it thanks to 3 sirens .

Now all I have to figure out is how to not have the alarm tripping when it's windy. With a profile like that, a lot of wind will tilt the truck enough that will set off the alarm.

I still remember the time I took my truck to have it inspected for hail damage, the guy stepped on the running board and the alarm went off and scared him enough that he almost fell off LMAO. I should have taken pictures .

Old 09-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by LeanNCut
I still remember the time I took my truck to have it inspected for hail damage, the guy stepped on the running board and the alarm went off and scared him enough that he almost fell off LMAO. I should have taken pictures .

LMAS that made my day better!

Old 09-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Back when I was in school, I came out of class one day (after an all-nighter to finish an assignment in time) to find a huge dent in the passenger side door of my car. I was P!SSED. I saw it from across the parking lot and profanites were flying!

Old 09-03-2003, 06:33 AM
That has got to be the worst feeling in the entire world of feelings. I don't know about you guys but whenever something like that happens to my ride I have totally unclean and purely evil thoughts of rage and how the best way to remove the perps head would actually be. I know, I know, it is not healthy to get so absolutely irate but even thinking about it makes me wanna go medevial on some lame *** moron that hits anyone's truck or car. I am so torn.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:02 AM
Yes, I too have that rage boil up and then I realize I can do nothing about it so I force myself to calm down and try to remedy the situation.
I have been able to remove most of the white paint but do have some satisfaction knowing that whoever did this should definitely have a nice crease in a fender or something..... Several years ago, I had a 4x4 bumper put on my 2wd F150 and that things is pretty solid. The white paint was on the bumper guard that covers the top of the bumper so I incurred no real damage except to my blood pressure!

It seems that we cannot hide from these morons who seem to find us whereever we park our precious vehicles. I use precious cause I spend a lot of money to make my truck look good and retain some value. And it only takes some moron a split second to take some of those looks (and value) away from us.

Last edited by DonnyD; 09-03-2003 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Well I got one smarta-- trying to force me over. He was traveling in the parking lane next to me and a parked car came up. I do not knoww what was in his mind, but the next thing I heard was a screech along the side of my truck and an a--whooping on the way. Got out and saw a minor scratch on my step bars and a six foot long crease in the side of his car!! I just laughed and asked him to call the police, he drove off.

Old 09-16-2003, 01:08 PM
i had that happen in high school. I parked at the back of the parking lot with all my truck buddies and the guys who mow drove the mowers by and one knocked the front licence bracket off my truck and crushed the plate it self pretty bad. I was pissed! I took the ripped bracket up to the dumbass (who I had previous run-ins with) and told him that I can always get back alot worse than he can give it. Needless to say, a few bucks and I had a new bracket, and I never had any more problems again.

Old 09-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Some **** hit my truck last thursday, in a blue car, just above my wheel well. Left some paint and a 1 inch x 1/8 inch scratch. I about blew my top. Good thing they weren't there I would have kicked the living s*** out of them.

Old 10-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Was hanging out at my buddies house with my brother. He went to go pick up his girlfriend and came back inside with a terrible look on his face. He had bcaked into my truck with his '91 pathfinder and put a crease in my bumper and some paint damage on the plastic on the bumper, fender, and fender flare. I was camping with my buddies and had his guitar. One of my buddies went to leave and drove over the neck of his Ibenez guitar. Thats about $350 just for the neck...not including getting it put back on. So I guess we are even. LOL. Man he was pissed about the guitar and so was I about my truck. But stuff like that happens I guess.
-Landon

PS I got the black marks off the bumper with Mothers polish and the black off the paint with McGuiars polish.

Quick Reply: Argh....!!! Somebody sideswiped my truck!