Microfiber Towels

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, as promised, I am here to report my perception of the ebay towels vrs Pakshaks.

The ebay towels are the 80/20 mix and Pakshaks are 70/30. Both feel the same and the same thickness and we can discern no difference in how they perform. Guess I was expecting Pakshaks to be much thicker.

The Waffleweave from Pakshak are really some nice ones and I'm impressed with those, although all his towels were much more $$ than the ones I got from ebay. I have just purchased another set of 12 from the same person on ebay since my GF has been reading up on them and has claimed her share!

The Ebayer I got them from is : maddan80 and her email is jcandelaria@socal.rr.com

Old 09-11-2003, 07:11 PM
APT

Nice post. That was just what I was looking for. I have only a single point of reference which is meaningless in the scheme of things so . . . since I'm happy with what I have, I just wanted a comparison of how these towels fit into the world of MF towels.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 11-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Is JT International still around?

Has anyone had any luck with JT international recently? I have sent two e-mails and gotten no response.

Old 11-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Small world...

I bought a set of towels from that same person off of ebay...

My perception of hers were that they were pretty good but, small. I went with some of the Premium Blue MF towels from premiumautocare.com a few weeks ago. These towels are very large and, in comparison, blow the small ones away.

With that being said, try getting some 'big' MF towels. The small ones definately have their place in my aresonal though... I love them for glass.

RP

Old 11-20-2003, 07:09 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't ordered from Tom since the spring. A quick look doesn't show anything at Autopia about him being out of business. Maybe he is just on vacation? If you are really in a hurry, contact Ranney at www.pakshak.com for the Autoipa discount. His prices are in line with JT International.

RP, He has larger towels as well as those sold on eBay. I have some 15x15, 16x16, 24x24, and some larger waffleweaves.

Old 11-20-2003, 07:55 AM
I agree with RP.............. the larger quality MF towels are fantastic to use. Lots of advantages with them.

Pretty much any towels from anybody mentioned in this thread will work fine, as they are all good towels.

On a side note, I've been given some new MF's to test from another supplier along with some DFTowels. The new MF's look incredible............ softer and plusher than any towels I've used to date! I'll post my results, and the name of the supplier when the testing is done, and the supplier confirms the ability to purchase those towels.

The DFTowels are not MF's, but a type of cellulose material........ a natural fiber. They have been highly pulicized as being the finest material for final buffing of waxes/sealants, and final QD'ing......... we'll see?

Old 11-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Moderator &

Let us know Boss.... I'm very interested in hearing your opinions.

Old 11-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Will do RP!

I'm also testing a new "high lubrication/low suds" wash.
Also testing a new high end QD.
Will be testing a new spray on and rinse type wash soon.

Hope the weather stays decent!

Old 11-20-2003, 11:03 PM
Moderator &

Testing as in 'free' or testing as in 'I bought some and thought I'd give it a whirl...'

RP

Old 11-21-2003, 05:29 AM
Testing as in "free"!

The stuff isn't on the market yet.............. and probably won't be, unless I give it a big

Old 11-21-2003, 09:49 AM
Moderator &

So how does one go about becoming a 'beta tester'?

Old 11-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Well RP.............. I'm not really sure, as I think it just happens. I've never "asked" anyone to send me products to test, as they ask me. However, I'm pretty sure there are two situations:

1. A supplier or manufacturer already has a product developed, and they want to give some to somebody who carries a lot of influence on certain forums. In those cases, the "beta tester" has to be very careful, as the results of the tester may be pre-concieved by the supplier. (Still, it's free stuff! )

2. A supplier or manfuacturer that is trying to develop a new product feels that a certain individual will be fair, and un-biased in their opinon of the products, because he or she doesn't carry a "banner" for a specific product line, but simply wants the best products. Obviously the supplier also has some confidence in the testers ability and skills to use products and judge the products against other products based upon that testers experience!

Let's face it, the second one is true "beta testing", the first one is marketing.

Having said all the above................ I don't know why in the hell they pick me!

Old 11-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Moderator &

autopia or ... oh... what's the other one?

Old 11-21-2003, 11:54 PM
DetailCity!

Old 11-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Thumbs up JT international Follow-up

Just to follow-up on my previous post. Tom was indeed away for a few days. Once he returned he quickly responded to my e-mail. I placed an order and it was here pronto.

First impression of the ultrafine towels is that they are quite nice. My only reference point is some towels I got from YoSteve a while back. Of course they were 3 for $20+ while Tom's are $2 each. Hard to argue with that type of price difference, especially when tom's towels seem plusher...

Quick Reply: Microfiber Towels