Microfiber Junkies

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 06:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Microfiber Junkies

Ok all my fellow detail oriented, **** retentive, god I love to polish my truck, microfiber preachers. I found something that I have GOT TO ORDER. MF applicator pads! WOO HOO! and a good price to boot!

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/klassepr...icfibprod.html

Everyone probably already has one of these but I didn't know they were available until I was shopping around for more MF towels. So if your way ahead of me forgive my excitement.

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
I can hardly wait to try em out!

Old 09-10-2003, 07:07 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, never tried MF applicators, but I am pretty satisfied with foam. It uses very little product when dampened and coats evenly. If anything, I would think an MF applicator would absorb more product, not apply it to the surface. But, let us know your experiences when you get some.

Old 09-11-2003, 01:11 AM
APT, You do have a point there

I never even gave it a thought about the MF absorbing the polish or wax.. maybe it will not absorb too much. Anyway I will let you guys know. I get them in about a week so it may be about 2 weeks before I get to try them out but either way I will let you know.

Old 09-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Have MF applicators, used them a couple times, they soaked up twice as much product as they applied.

Stick with foam!

Old 09-12-2003, 06:04 AM
It does seem that a MF applicator pad would soak the product much more.... perhaps that is why Pakshak actually gives out free FOAM pads with his towels.

Old 09-12-2003, 06:56 PM
Some people swear "by" MF applicators............. some people swear "at" them?

Old 09-23-2003, 04:34 AM
Exclamation UPDATE

Gawd these things do soak up some polish. It seems that after they get a little saturation they are'nt so bad. They are really soft though and seem like they are better suited for the cleaner stage of my polishing process so I think I am just going to use them in the future for the paint cleaner only at least that way I have a little bit of cushion to absorb any particulates removed by the cleaning step. I will stick with my foam applicators for the polish and wax steps.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:27 AM
APT
Thanks for the update. After saturation, I bet they work great. I would think they would work well with polish and quick detailer.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:13 AM
I just use the plain ol' micro fiber towel for the quick detailer. I think the applicator is just to small unless you are talking about use the applicator to apply the QD and then the micro towel to buff it. Then I think that may actually work pretty well. Maybe I will give that a shot.

Old 09-24-2003, 06:59 AM
APT
Originally posted by cgorris
...use the applicator to apply the QD and then the micro towel to buff it.
That's what I was thinking. Spray QD on MF app, wipe on vehicle, then buff off with MF towel.

Last edited by APT; 09-26-2003 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Cool idea then APT <---- (is really Pat just misspelled ) I think we shall see real soon. I gotta wash and QD again this weekend anyway.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:11 AM
APT
Or, abbreviation for apartment. Actually, just my initials and my middle name is not Pat.

BTW, had to fix the word buff before which was muff. Totally not the right word.

Old 09-30-2003, 03:03 AM
Or, abbreviation for apartment. Actually, just my initials and my middle name is not Pat.

Hey finally got the chance to strip, clay, polish and re-wax this weekend. Boy was the wife ever mad when I came in drunk and tired from all day of cheatin on her with my truck

Anyway, they do work well for the QD like we thought. In short, I guess I have a new method for my final step and weekly freshen ups.

Quick Reply: Microfiber Junkies