Paint Polish on Chrome Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Polish on Chrome Wheels

hey, how would meguars polish work on my chrome wheels?

Old 09-14-2003, 08:40 PM
I have heard people waxing their wheels before and it helps keep them protected and make it much easier to clean brake dust off. One thing you might want to keep in mind is to wax them more often then the paint. I would think they may get hotter when braking and thus break down the wax sooner then it would break down on the paint.

Hopefully someone with knowledge about it, like RockPick will show up and give his advice...

Old 09-14-2003, 08:43 PM
not really wanting to wax them, just some polish to clean them up good everyonce in a while.

Thank's for the help though

Old 09-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by PhillipSVT
not really wanting to wax them, just some polish to clean them up good everyonce in a while.

Thank's for the help though

I thought Meguars was a wax, see you need RockPick around here to get some good facts.

Anyway, regardless if it is wax or polish it does help to protect them and make them look good as well...

Old 09-17-2003, 08:43 PM

sup fill up

a product like #7 Show Car Glaze will help them too look good, won't last not even 2 weeks but will put a nice shine to them. A polish with very gentle cleaners every 4-6 months should suffice. Something like if your picky, Meguiars #81 Hand Polish in the Body Shop line or #3 Machine Glaze in the Professional line. Something with very little cleaning action if your not going to wax them. I"m not as familar with the consumer line as I am with the pro and body line of Meguiars. Something like possible Meguiars consumer paint cleaner or the ones suggested above should keep those rims lewkin sharp for years. Hope this helps,,,,,91

Quick Reply: Paint Polish on Chrome Wheels