pressure wash vs hand wash

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pressure wash vs hand wash

Just bought a 2003 WHITE Supercrew. Just went muddin and almost got stuck - really deep mud pit!!! Anyway, is it best to pressure wash a vehicle or hand wash it. The only thing I am worried about with hand washing is putting those little swirly light scratches you see in so many cars. However, I'm not sure if i can get all the bugs off without hand washing. Is there anything you can put on your truck so those little suckers won't stick so bad!?

Also, where do you all buy truck extras? I need a Century cap, bedliner or Rhino lining, side steps, and good "cover everything floor mats and seat covers. Thanks, Jon

Old 09-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd suggest using both methods.

First, pressure wash off everything that you can with just water. Don't use the crummy detergents that many car washes feature. Just use water to blow off the bulk of the heavy stuff.

Then, the hand wash bucket method. Most of us are using two buckets. (one to rinse the sponge off and one for our soapy water).

Hand wash the entire vehicle and presto... you have an immaculate white truck.

The swirls, unfortunately, are going to happen. There's almost nothing you can do but, once they are there, they are easy to deal with with a good polish/wax procedure.

Oh yeah... welcome to f150online.com!!!

RP

Old 09-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Thanks RP!

By the way, what is King Ranch?

Old 09-26-2003, 09:20 PM
The way I see it, pressure washing is for lazy (and busy) people (like me ) and hand washing is what you do on a lazy Sunday afternoon in the summertime. I usually pressure wash then follow with handwash for a better clean.

There's another plus side to owning a pressure washer. Two washes a week will only take ~30 mins total. During the wintertime when it's cold (not that it ever gets cold around here in TX anyways), 2 washes a week will still take only ~30mins. This is especially useful if it's sleeting outside and you'd rather be inside eating pistachios sitting close to the fireplace with your sweetie watching a good movie .

Old 09-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by silksy
Thanks RP!

By the way, what is King Ranch?
No problem. Glad to help.

The King Ranch Edition is something that Ford rolled out in 2001 with the SuperCrew. They expanded it to the SuperCab (2002) and also to the SuperDuty in 2003.

Basically, it's an upgraded interior with unique paint. That's the story in a nutshell...

The interior looks like this:

Exterior:

Long story short, it's a trim package.

As for the actual King Ranch... it's located in Kingsville, Texas. You can read all about the history (it's 150 years old this year) here: www.kingranch.com or www.kingranchsaddleshop.com

Enjoy!

RP

Old 09-26-2003, 10:42 PM
That is awesome looking RP! Great truck!

I thought the King Ranch sounded familiar, and for good reason, it is also famous for its hunting!

Old 09-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Moderator &

Yep... the hunting down there is supposed to be incredible....

Old 09-27-2003, 10:09 AM
Hey RP... is the side of the tailgate that is showing in that pic, the side with the Z stuff???? LOL . GREAT DOI !!!!

There's several King Ranch Fords around here but none are kept as well as yours........... One that is owed by a local judge usually has cow-shi* on it and doesn't look like it is ever washed.... what a shame.

On the pressure wash stuff, I fully agree with getting the nasty stuff off with pressure washing, then a hand wash afterwards and as always, rise your mitt or wash rag often....... I even hand wash my truck in winter.... just use warm water and a playtex glove. Still cold but it is bearable............ and worth the effort.

For all those extras, there's worlds of aftermarket goodies for these Fords and links can be found through Google or post here as well as other Ford sites.

And welcome to F150 online.... these guys are great and will definitely cost you money to keep up with them....LOL

Last edited by DonnyD; 09-27-2003 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:04 PM
Moderator &

Funny one there Donny. LOL!

Actually though, that was taken 'pre-zaino'. Thanks for the compliments though... Oh yeah, Mr. Meguiar thanks you too.

RP

Old 09-29-2003, 09:03 AM
.... just use warm water and a playtex glove.

Never heard of those.....do you buy them or make your girlfriend bring them home???

Just giving ya a hard time

Last edited by Florida-150; 09-29-2003 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: pressure wash vs hand wash