I'm Trying Something New

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm Trying Something New

Anyone try UPP products?
Comments?

I ordered their complete kit today, as well as some Poorboys EX for the finishing touch.
I'll let you guys know the results after it comes in.

This is what I ordered:
http://www.4starplatinum.com/platinu...e/plcokit.html

Old 09-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried UPP (both the cleaner and the Polish) and really liked both. Unfortunately it is tough for me to use them since you need to keep the truck dry for 24 hours after application and I live in Tampa with no garage (it has rained for all but about 2 weeks for the last 4 months). I use it on my mothers garaged Jaguar (yeah, I know its just a Taurus - but don't tell her that) and it looks great! Not quite as shiney as Zaino but a deeper glow closer to carnuba.

Old 09-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by G8RDave
I use it on my mothers garaged Jaguar (yeah, I know its just a Taurus - but don't tell her that)
Hmm, I made reference to a Jag being a Taurus today at my meet. Funny.

Old 10-01-2003, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Dave.
I have a garage, so I'll be ok, I'll post some photos and a review when I'm done.

Habibi

Old 10-01-2003, 06:49 AM
I've used both the UPP, and the Poorboys products. Both product lines are excellent. The UPP topped with EX is a sweet combo! I think you're going to be pleased.

Make sure you give the UPP about an hour or so to dry before you remove it. The EX can be removed as soon as you've applied it to the entire truck................ unless it's extremely humid.

In either case, I like to let both product sit as long as I can before removing them. I like to do this with any product that will allow it.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:04 AM
APT
No Jag is a Taurus. The X-Type is based on the Euopean Mondeo, which was marketed at the contour/Mystique before the lated body style. S-type = Lincoln LS.

Anyway, UPP have a great reputation.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by APT
No Jag is a Taurus. The X-Type is based on the Euopean Mondeo, which was marketed at the contour/Mystique before the lated body style. S-type = Lincoln LS.

APT, you may be right, but if you put an S Type (my mother's car) next to a Taurus, the resemblence is amazing. I thought I had read somewhere that there was significant British uproar over the S Type sharing many of the same under-pinnings as the Taurus when it first came out (apparently the Brits thought that Jag should always have its own parts). Regardless, its a great car, feel, performance and style wise. And it looks great with UPP.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks Boss

Old 10-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by APT

Uhh let's see both have a 3.0L and many identicle parts... plus they nearly look the same

Last edited by lifeguardjoe; 10-05-2003 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Old 10-06-2003, 07:10 AM
APT
If you think they look similar, then so does every other 4 door sedan, then. They do use the same engine block, but different heads and they are mounted differently, Taurus FWD and S-Type RWD. The Jag chassis is the same as the Lincon LS, neither of which is the same as the Taurus. No matter how you bend the sheet metal, they are not the same cars. The LS looks quite a bit different from the Jag, yet share many components.

BTW, nothing beats Jaguar leather. Taurus leather is much like F-150 leather, cheap and hard.