Zaino Bros.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Bros.

-Just thought I'd share-

I just received a report from a company that tested 44 different waxes. The Zaino took the honors without a doubt. It states that 1 ounce can cover an entire suburban twice. There panel was still beading water 7 months after its application.
Looks like I'll have to finally try this stuff out!

- I just noticed this info was on there web-site- Oops.

The Guru report is interesting anyway.

Last edited by wod99; 10-06-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah, Zaino does have some good products and their durability is probably their main asset. I changed to Zaino a little over a year ago and had to learn NOT to mix up too much..... I have a F150 SC with an ARE lid and it takes a little less than an ounce. It is easy to put on too much since it really doesn't have much marker to it even when dry.

I always end up with some mix left over and that is why my work truck and GF car gets some "Z" whenever my main "ride around " truck does.

Old 10-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Is it necessary to use the additive (forgot what it's called), or can you just apply the polish?

Old 10-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Wod, you will either need to use the ZFX additive or the Z1 polish lock. I recommend the ZFX so you can get three coats in one day.

Old 10-06-2003, 05:28 PM
I am curious how zaino does on a light colored vehicle (I have a silver F150). Most of the pictures I see of cars with it applied on are dark colored and look really good, I was just wondering if you get the same effect on a lighter color. Some pics would be great if anyone has them. Thanks!!!

Old 10-06-2003, 07:27 PM
I think that Zaino looks "BEST" on light colored cars like white and silver. Tough to give those colors "POP", but Zaino seems to do it nicely!

Old 10-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Zaino looks awesome on light colored vehicles. I too have a silver F150 and use Z2 which is best for light colors while Z5 is best for dark colors. I highly recommend using the ZFX additive because it helps greatly with the drying time and you can put up to three coats on in a day.

I will be honest and say if you get at least 5 coats on it is unbelievable in how it makes the silver look. I didn’t see much of a difference with the first coat or even with the second. With the third I did, it looked great.

I use it for two reasons. First I am afraid to use a buffer because of possible paint damage. Second in New Hampshire we can have some real bad winters. Last year was real bad as far as snow, cold and road salt. The truck went through 6 months no wax, no hand wash and all car washes. Approx. 14 – 20 car washes and all the road salt and the Zaino still looked great.

Many people where I work at thought I was waxing on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

The time I really noticed a difference was at the Ford dealer this summer. Took the truck in for some service and they had a brand new silver F150 on the lot so I parked next to it and you could see a big difference. My paint looked like it had more depth and a bit darker even the dealer noticed it and asked what the detailer used. Told him I did it with Zaino and he had never heard of it.

Anyway, here are some pictures, but beware that pictures can be deceiving on here. You can post a pic of something that has never been waxed and it can look awesome.

Old 10-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Talking Can't resist a pic

I'm looking forward to see how it makes the black truck look.
Good zaino tips in this thread. Another ZFX user here. Go all out & claybar it from the start.

Old 10-07-2003, 08:36 AM
My GF drives an older Camry which is a light gray and the "Z" really made a big difference in the looks. Having read that Zaino was best on darks, I really hadn't thought of applying it to her vehicle until I had some mix left one day and just using it up on her vehicle.
Many persons though we had her car painted or something and what really amazed us is how clean it would look for several days after the Z or a wash.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've always heard that people loved it on light colored vehicles... even more so than on dark (as I've seen several vehicles that really looked like they were coated in suranwrap which, IMHO, doesn't look good... I have always wanted 'DEPTH' not 'GLOSS').

Z is an good product though. I don't think you'll be disappointed...

(imagine that... I've made two or three documented statements that Z was good stuff).

RP

Old 10-07-2003, 11:22 AM
LOL RP............

On the dark and light subject, I was pleased with the results on my GF's light gray car and also on my work truck which is Dark Toredor Red. I never apply more than one coat at a time on either of them. But I have to say that the Z looks a couple of degrees better on my Bright RED truck and I usually second coat it . Haven't gone to a third coat the same day yet.

As you mentioned, gloss is one thing but the depth is what really makes a finish look good. The DOI in my red truck is just astounding.......you really see the depth first, then the shine......

I still believe that the claybar is the key to getting that special end result out of any product.

Last edited by DonnyD; 10-07-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm new to the Zaino product. Do multiple coats *really* make a difference or are some people exaggerating?

Also, I have a new bright red f150 coming soon, does this procedure sound right?

1. Wash with dawn detergent
2. Dry
3. Clay (Lubricant 1/2 cap Z-7 car wash per 16oz water)
4. Wash with Z-7 Car Wash
5. Dry
6. Z-5 with ZFX additive
7. Z-6 Gloss Enhancer
* Repeat 6 and 7 for desired number of coats
8. Z-2 with ZFX additive (Optional)
9. Z-6 Gloss Enhancer (Optional)

Is it Z-5 or Z-2 that gets repeated?

Old 10-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Perceptron
I'm new to the Zaino product. Do multiple coats *really* make a difference or are some people exaggerating?

Also, I have a new bright red f150 coming soon, does this procedure sound right?

1. Wash with dawn detergent
2. Dry
3. Clay (Lubricant 1/2 cap Z-7 car wash per 16oz water)
4. Wash with Z-7 Car Wash
5. Dry
6. Z-5 with ZFX additive
7. Z-6 Gloss Enhancer
* Repeat 6 and 7 for desired number of coats
8. Z-2 with ZFX additive (Optional)
9. Z-6 Gloss Enhancer (Optional)

Is it Z-5 or Z-2 that gets repeated?
To answer the first question, in my opinion YES it does make a difference to have at least 3 – 5 coats on Zaino on. I have a silver truck, see above for pictures. When I first bought the Zaino I only put on one coat and to be honest wasn’t really impressed with the shine. If felt great, and had a “nice” shine, but nothing I would call great.

After reading some of the information on the Zainobros website, a few weekends after the first coat I did 3 more coats in a day. With ZFX you can put up to three coats on in a day.

I noticed a BIG difference in the shine, it looked awesome, and people at my work noticed as well. To judge for yourself what I would do is only put one coat on the first time. Then the next weekend or when ever go back and put 2 – 3 more coats on and see what you think. It is really the only way you will know yourself if it is indeed a better shine or not.

I also highly recommend the ZFX, if for nothing else but to speed up the drying time. Zaino without the ZFX can, depending on weather conditions (humidity, etc.) can take FOREVER to dry. Biggest mistake many people make is waiting what they think is enough time and then trying to buff it off. If it is not dry it is a real pain in the butt to buff off and some will feel the Zaino is just a waste of money. I made that mistake the first time and was about ready to just forget about the Zaino. Was hard to get off, one coat didn’t really impress me etc.

Once I figured out how to use it correctly, with the ZFX, not putting it on the thick, and more coats I was very impressed.

The other secret or helpful hint is to NOT put too much on. Put it on very lightly. The one problem with Zaino is when it is dry it is really hard to tell it is on there because it really does not haze like most waxes or other polishes do.

It is generally accepted that 1 oz should do about 3 coats on a regular size truck. The ZFX, if you buy it comes with 3 2 oz. bottles. So you feel up one of the bottles half way, add the ZFX and then you can judge if you’re putting too much on or not.

If you have never seen the ZFX then be prepared for a huge surprise when you do see it. It is a real tiny bottle and you think you got ripped off for price. No need to worry, it is worth every penny and will last for just about 2 full bottles of Z2.

I do NOT use the Z6 Gloss Enhancer between every coat. I only use it after the final coat and every time after I wash with the Z7 carwash.

As far as Z5 or Z2 that gets repeated it depends on which one you use. Z2 if for light colors and Z5 is for dark colors. The Z5, though it is marketed as a swirl remover does NOT remove swirls. Z5 is the polish to use on dark color vehicles…

*** Since you state you have a bright red I would go with the Z2

Hope that answered some of your questions…

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 10-11-2003 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Perceptron....

Your system sounds pretty good as it is pretty much the way I do it with a couple of exceptions.....

I use Dawn as my 1st wash and also a mix of Dawn as my claybar lube and then as the second wash also. Then I apply the Z-6 prior to putting on the first coat of Zaino. I also use Z 6 on my applicator often to extend the Zaino Z-2 (or 5).....

As 01 XLT Sport pointed out, Zaino is hard to see when you're actually applying and you really just will have to learn to trust yourself until you get used to the look. My first coat of Zaino last year resulted in me using about 1 1/2 ounce as I had trouble believing I was putting on enough. It's also hard to see when it dries but it sure isn't hard to see the results!!!!

I also do not use Z-6 between coats but rather as a final "pop" and after subsequent washings.

The tips and tricks page on the Zaino site does have some great techniques and you'll also begin to form your own. These guys here are also a great source for info that will make your entry into the Zaino world a pleasing and rewarding one.

Upon getting your new truck, do your Zaino thing and then drive back to the dealership and just see how much difference it makes ..........I was at a dealership last week and my RED one has a better shine and depth than a new one and mine is 7 years old!!!

The main problem with Zaino to me is that it makes you walk a lot farther as you will begin to park way out in no-man's land when shopping! LOL

Last edited by DonnyD; 10-12-2003 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by DonnyD
The main problem with Zaino to me is that it makes you walk a lot farther as you will begin to park way out in no-man's land when shopping! LOL
Yep, thats the truth. I park so far out I bring snacks for the the trip...

Quick Reply: Zaino Bros.