3, Z-5, 1, Z-2, Z-6 hut hut hut!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 3, Z-5, 1, Z-2, Z-6 hut hut hut!

Well the results are in. Got the Z on the truck now. It went something like this, Dawn wash, Clay w/dawn, Dawn wash, Z-6, Z-5, Z-5, Z-6, work, sleep, Z-5, Z-6, Z-2, Z-6, admire work, listen to wife bitch (something about yada yada damn truck yada yada), tell wife how good truck looks, listen to wife bitch again, figured out keep mouth shut about truck and Zaino, work now (finally a quiet place to admire my hard work).

Now that I have it done I must say it really does look good. Not quite the warmth of a carnauba but the shine is comparable and the DOI is close to the same but slightly sharper. I guess that would be the warmth factor of a carnauba. I like the fact that my waxing will last longer now so that is a plus. Overall, Z is a great product and it really makes the metallic stand out much greater than the carnauba did and I am kinda diggin that.

I will get some new pics of it with the Z on there and post them maybe tomorrow if I get the chance.

Thanks APT, Donny, and the rest for the tips regarding the Z. I think they helped out greatly, all those coats and only used about 1.5 oz of Z-5 and 1/2 oz of Z-2. However, I used a large amount of the Z-6. Just seems a little bit hard to spray such a small amount even if using an applicator to apply it to the paint.

Last edited by cgorris; 10-20-2003 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:27 AM
Great.............Seems you really spent a while getting ALL this done and I'm sure it does look good. Like you mentioned, I too use a lot more Z-6 than anything else but it does give that "POP" to the shine, doesn't it......... Post some picks when you can.........

BTW.... about the wife biotching.... perhaps she's just wanting the same about of "polishing" time!!!

Old 10-20-2003, 06:56 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I go through a lot more Z6 than anything else. I boought a case of it last time I ordered.

Glad you like the Z. Z7 + Z6 every week or two and you'll be set for 6 months.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:20 AM
Yesterday, Sunday, I did my usual online reading and stuff and then went outside and cleaned up my two trucks and the GF's car. I only washed them and Z-6'ed them as I had Z'ed them about two weeks ago. Of course I spent a little more time on my RED "ride around" truck. Decided I'd go for a spin and run some errands in it and listen to some of my oldies I just burned off too. Well, I stopped at a gas station and just happened that two other red vehicles pulled in.... a chev truck and a Mustang............ both appeared to have been just cleaned up. They both had to come over to my truck and ask "what the hell do you put on that thing"...... neither had heard of Z but now they have!!!!

I clean my truck up for ME but it is great to get comments about it too. Most persons who don't really recognize model years think that my red truck is new although it is a '97..........

cgorris........ just wait til you wash your truck and see how really slick it is !!!!!

Old 10-20-2003, 11:58 AM
I also just finished applying the Z for the first time. The shine is incredible. Putting on the multiple coats is a sorta a pain but well worth it. I used a fair amount of the Z-6 but I diluted it...2 bottles for the price of one.

From the Zaino site......
Please note: Some customers have a difficult time using Z-6™ Ultra Clean in it's extremely high concentration. You may find that diluting Z-6™ Ultra Clean with distilled water up to a ratio of 1 to 1 will help you get the best results. Start diluting small proportions and test until you find it works the best for how you apply the product. This will definitely make Z-6™ Ultra Clean more user friendly for you and give you more bang for your buck!

Old 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
I have to say from “my” personal experience I did not see any difference with using the Z6 between applications of Z2 so I don’t do it until after the last coat. I also use it every time after washing with Zaino car wash…

Old 10-21-2003, 03:33 AM
That is a good idea to dilute the Z-6 down a little. It should also add in a little extra working time to keep it from clouding up as bad. I will definitely be washing with the Z wash and following that up with the Z-6 every time. Not to mention I will probably be adding a coat of Z-2 a minimum of once a month to keep it gleaming.

Quick Reply: 3, Z-5, 1, Z-2, Z-6 hut hut hut!