Zaino Post Application Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Post Application Maintenance

Thanks to everyone who has let me know about Zaino in various Posts. I have been pleasently surprised on how easy, how good it looks, and how little I used to create a fantasic finish on my True BLue 2003 supercab XLT XTR.

I was wondering if anyone has comments on appropriate post application maintenance.

I live in Saskatchewan Canada where there is a lot of dust in the air (Simular to North Dakota/Montana). The truck tends to get dusty fairly often. As well I tend to drive on Gravel roads often.

Is there an easy way to remove the dust without, 1. Washing it often, 2. Scratching the hell out of it!

Thanks.

Old 10-20-2003, 05:58 PM
Yes, get yourself what is called a California duster. Hard to explain but it excellent for wiping the dust off without scratching or hurting the paint.

So long as it is DUST only and not mud or something that is stuck on there...

Here are a few websites you can check out. I have not bought from them. I bought mine from the store, but these will give you an idea.

I use mine ALL the time and never had any problems with it…

http://www.calcarduster.com/originalDuster.asp

http://bizrate.lycos.com/buy/product...r,rf--wgg.html

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/orcalcardusw.html

Old 10-21-2003, 07:18 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never used a Cali duster. I know many swear by them and I know many swear at them.

For regular maintenance, wash with Z7 and use Z6 afterwards. Peopple say Z6 following a wash helps with the dust attraction.

Old 10-21-2003, 09:34 AM
APT is right on and I should have mentioned that in my post. I always use Z6 after washing. It does help to reduce the dust a bit, and makes it much easier to get it off with a Calif duster...

Old 10-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Is it recommended or alright to Z6 after a dusting?

Old 10-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Rudyman
Is it recommended or alright to Z6 after a dusting?
No, I would not recommend putting Z6 or any type of detailer on the paint after dusting. I would only use Z6 or any detailer after a complete and through wash. Reason being is even though you think you have all the dust off and the paint feels nice and clean there is a good chance it will have little particles of dust on the paint.

If you put Z6 or any detailer on and then buff off with a towel you will move these little particles of dust all over the paint causing very light scratches. At least that is “my” opinion on the issue and why I would never do anything to the paint surface except right after I have washed and dried it to insure there is nothing left on the surface…

Old 10-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the information!

Old 10-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Anytime, and good luck with the Zaino you WILL love it...

Quick Reply: Zaino Post Application Maintenance