Old 10-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wheel Wax

Anyone tried it?

http://store.yahoo.com/premiumautocare/wheelwax.html

www.wheelwax.com

From the Wheel Wax Website
*Reduces Brake dust while making your wheels easier to clean. *Goes on easy, removes residual brake dust from wheels that washing leaves behind.
*WheelWax is a soft paste that contains an antistatic agent that changes the surface polarity of your wheels to repel negative brake dust particles.
*Buffs all wheels to a high shine in no time. Keep a good coat of *WheelWax on your wheels all year round for great looking wheels in between washing your car.
*Comes with a money back guarantee that you will be satisfied.

Old 10-22-2003, 07:04 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never tried it. If I were really picky about waxing my wheels, I would make sure it is a synthetic. Wheel temps can get pretty high right next to the brake rotors. Wax melts.

Also, I know a guy who loves using Eagle One Wax as you Dry on wheels after a regular wash.

Old 10-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard it's really nice stuff, but haven't tried it myself. It's on my "list" for next year!

Old 10-22-2003, 08:17 PM
I have only used the Mothers chrome and mag polish. It seems to work really well, the water beads right off and brake dust doesn't collect as quickly. My $0.2

Old 10-22-2003, 11:49 PM
I intend on trying the Meguiars Final Detail spray on my wheels. Been using Quick Detailer on them for a while now and it works pretty good, but with the additional silicone in the Final Detail, it should work better. Didn't you already order some of this stuff recently?

-Mike-

Old 10-23-2003, 08:36 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered some FD... should be here tomorrow along with the rest of my order.

Old 10-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Are you using it on your factory wheel's ?

If so you really don't need it. A good coat of synthetic sealant and spray detail to clean and you should have good protection & easy cleaning.

Old 10-30-2003, 01:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I am trying the Stoner BeadMax. I am using SpeedBead in the rear wheel well and in the bed with good results so far.

The last 2 "hose-off" washings it seemed to do good with removing the break dust with little effort. Have only coated them one time, I will be doing an "over-haul" cleaning shortly to get ready for winter.

So far so good, only time will tell.

The contents say a blend of natural and synthetic waxes, I really wanted 100% synthetic for the wheels, but have not found one that I am willing to try ( don't need to spend 2 days waxing wheels, I could just use the time cleaning them over the course of the year ).

This is on L wheels, not the stock Chrome ones.

Quick Reply: Wheel Wax