Swirls

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to reduce swirls I usually put on my final coat on by hand in a single direction(back and forth) , I saw the pros do this last time it was done.

Old 10-31-2003, 06:46 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good point, Mike^2.

Any product you put on your vehicle paint should be applied and removed in straight back and forth motions. Where does one think "swirls" come from? The users, you and me. If one does not use swirl motions, you won't get swirl scratches. Of course, you may get straight ones, but that is actually better becuase it reduces the number of angle at which the light reflects and catches the eyes. Anyway, no swirl motions by hand.

Old 11-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Hey guys!

I had swirls on my black Screw and used Mcguires #9 over the weekend to remove them.
Finished up with a coat of Liquid Glass and truck looks great!

The #9 took out the swirls and is easy to use. Did it all by hand, by the way.

Old 11-05-2003, 11:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to hear that it went well for you Superbru... #9 isn an EXCELLENT product!

Old 11-06-2003, 12:40 AM
I use #9 and #7 twice a year with a PC and I love both of them. But I don't think they are actually removing my spider-web type scratches, just hiding them VERY well with fillers. Which is ok by me because the results look great and I'm not willing to move up to the professional rotary tools and mess with my paint.

I've read that the best way to tell if you are actually removing the swirls is to spray the area you just did with a 50/50 isopropyl/water mixture and wipe it clean. This will remove all the fillers/oils and let you see if you are really removing them or just hiding them.

As for towels, I love the MF ones I got from PakShak. He was very friendly and customer oriented. I use them for drying and removing the #9 and #7 polishes. I still like to use the 100% cotton terrycloth towels for removing wax though.

chknbone

Old 11-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Swirl Marks

Try Zaino on that dark red. You will love the end results!!

Quick Reply: Swirls