misaligned truck box

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 07:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry misaligned truck box

I was washing my truck, a 2002 FX4, a while back and noticed that the gap between the cab and the truck box on the right side was and inch or so more than the left side. Today I took my truck to Sanderson FORD here in Phoenix. At first they say it will be not problem to fix it, just loosen the bed bolts and realign the bed. After about two hours they tell me that there is a problem and they cannot get the truck box straight. They say that the frame might be screwed up. I bought the truck new and it has never been in a wreck and I have never done any off-roading so I know the frame can't be messed up because of something I did. Have any of you seen or heard of the bed being screwed up. I don't have a spray on bedliner or anything that would require the bed bolts to be removed. But the service manager still said that the bed being misalligned was from an "outside force" and that Ford my not cover it. Any insight to this problem or ways to get Ford to back up its product would be helpful. The truck only has 16,000 miles on it, most of which were highway.

Thanks

Old 10-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could phone a bodyshop that does frames and ask if there are stock specs for the box mounts. If there are then I don't see
why ford couldn't check them for you. reminding them that the box realigning was free.
One inch is alot maybe go park beside another truck in thier
lot and start measureing with a tape maybe it's your cab out of alignment.

Quick Reply: misaligned truck box