Recommend me a Wheel Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soap and microfiber towel works great for me. However, on occasion I will put some Meguiars Numero 7 polish on them, and they really shine!

Old 11-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Recommend me a Wheel Cleaner

Originally posted by BigDeal
Boss, Intel and Rock, what would you guys recommend?
Sorry BD, I'm not much help here as I don't use them. There's just not much of a substitute for elbow grease.

About twice a year, I'll jack the truck off and clean the wheels off of the truck and that seems to work for me.

The only 'aide' that I have is a schnazzy wheel brush. *shrugs*

RP

Old 11-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Re: Re: Recommend me a Wheel Cleaner

Originally posted by RockPick
About twice a year, I'll jack the truck off and clean the wheels off of the truck and that seems to work for me.

RP
Rock, I know some of the folks on this board treat their vehicles as if they were human, but you don't really try to do this will 'your' truck, do ya?.

Couldn't resist the opportunity........

-Mike-

Last edited by BigDeal; 11-12-2003 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by BigDeal
You know, I've heard the same thing about this stuff, but I've never used it either. Let's see if somebody else out here has used it and is willing to offer some personal experience.

-Mike-
FWIW, the P21S products is the same as the S100 products sold in Harley-Davidson's stores. P21S=cars; S100=motorcycles, same products. So, maybe someone here has used the S100 wheel cleaner on their bike and can comment. (I purchased the S100 Carnauba Wax from the local H-D store for my car and it was excellent.) I got this info from a corvette forum where I'm a member.

Old 11-13-2003, 07:08 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S100 wheel cleaner costs $9 for 1/2 liter bottle, probably the same product as P21S regular spray. P21S gel (50% stronger) in 1L bottles costs $21 from CMA. Seems fair.

Old 11-13-2003, 10:34 AM
I use the S100 Total Bike Cleaner on my motorcycle. It works awsome. I never even thought to try it out on my truck wheels. I spray the WHOLE bike with it and power wash it off with COLD water. Downside side tho....it will strip the wax or Zaino right off. This is also the same solution re-badged as Honda Brite Cleaner.

The S100 is cheaper

I cut the S100 50/50 with water and get the same results.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Opinnions... #34 vs QD

I lightly spary on some simple green while cool. hit asap with soap, water, and MF towel. Good and clean.

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 10-04-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Nothing works better on chrome rims than Windex. Makes em shine and no streeks. I always use it on show car rims. If your rims are caked with mud you may disagree with me. Most of the other stuff either scratches them or makes the chrome flake off after awhile. Just my .02

Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM
go to a local pro detailer supply house and get the acid based cleaner. this stuff is amazing and works fine when used as directed only...use on cool rims and use alot of water when rinsing off to make sure its all gone. i sure wish i had before and afters on the z06 i did...these were chromed set...the owner kept all of his vehicles clean and garged. this thing had brake dust that would not come off when he tried to clean it with anything over the counter. this stuff melted the dust off the rims so well...like i said before he swore i bought a new set of rims...he could not believe they were the same...he had tried to clean them many times with no luck getting them back to new. no elbow grease...spray on...wait 20 secs...agitate with soft bristle brush for 10 sec then rinse and rinse and rinse some more. most detailer shop sale it under the name spoke and wheel cleaner or jag spoke cleaner.

there is nothing like this sold at walmart or autozone...this is a cuastic/hot chemical....

Old 10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
here is the stuff

Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
You did not say what form factor you want the product in.

I use the Pennzoil black majic wheel wipes.

This is the 25 sheet baby wipe type cleaners.

I use them with rubber gloves, when cleaning my wheels. It disolves the brake dust on the wheel, and leaves them nice and clean. I do this prior to washing the truck, so I get them clean, then use soap and water to clean them after the fact.

Just another suggestion, with a different form factor
I've never heard of these. Where can I find them?

Old 10-04-2007, 03:14 PM
the acidic cleaners scare me.

I used simple green undilluted and a stiff nylon brush to remove the big stuff and most of the brake dust. After that I used Blue Magic detailing clay. It's time consuming and not much fun but the wheels looked almost new afterwards.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
"If you use pro line products that can only be purchased in gallon sizes, that's fine too. I feel this is the weak link in my detailing routine, and I want to see if I can find something good to use."

Originally Posted by turtle313
the acidic cleaners scare me.

I used simple green undilluted and a stiff nylon brush to remove the big stuff and most of the brake dust. After that I used Blue Magic detailing clay. It's time consuming and not much fun but the wheels looked almost new afterwards.
you asked, and i told...this stuff is nothing like simple green, it is safe when used as directed. but used wrong you can ruin a set very fast....this stuff is not time consuming....if you choose to take the wheel off and clean it completly...it will take you longer to get it off than to clean it with this stuff. you will spend less than 2 mins per wheel if you use this stuff and leave the wheel on the vehicle....no scrubbing or effort at all with this stuff. it is the best wheel cleaner hands down. i will take the pepsi challenge with this stuff vs any other product out there and smoke them all. i dont sell this stuff but like i have said before i wish i did.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I believe you man. I'm just not comfortable with it for my situation. I live in SoCal and finding a shaded area where I can do this that has a hose isn't easy. It being Southern California, cloudy or cool days are few and far between. I can't fit in my garage either. When I have a place to do it right, I'll try your method but for now, I'm more comfortable with the brush and clay.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
here is the stuff

My bro would use this when he was detailing. He'd use it for hard water spots, diluting it 1 to 3 then spraying on a wet car and wash/rinse right away. One side at a time, nothing else would remove spots like this. He never used it on wheels, but the guys at Texbrite said it worked good.

I need to buy some of this for my wheels

Quick Reply: Recommend me a Wheel Cleaner