California Car Duster/Dash Duster - Meguiars Pro Products

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question California Car Duster/Dash Duster - Meguiars Pro Products

Hey all - First let me say a big thank you for all the responses to my Rain-X/Fog-X thread. This Forum is a great resource and I'm really starting to pick up a lot of helpful tips!

I have a bunch of questions I've been debating asking because you might hear them all the time, but it's like they used to say in school - if you think you have a stupid question, someone else is probably wondering the same thing.

I looked around this forum but didn't see any threads about the California Car Duster / Dash Duster. I recently bought an Black '02 F-150 and my wife bought both the Car Duster/Dash Duster.

Any thoughts on these products? Dash duster seems harmless enough but wasn't sure about the car duster. As long as I have a coat of wax it shouldn't scratch/swirl the paint, right? Just to be safe, when I have used it I only use a side-to-side motion as recommended when applying wax/polish/etc. My dad, an auto body repair shop owner, seems to really like his Cali Car Duster.

Thanks for any insight.

Also, I'll be asking some Meguiar's questions on a new thread...(Are you listening Rock?)

Old 11-07-2003, 05:11 PM
I have used a Calif duster for many years and never had any problems with it. I have had my current truck for 2 ½ years and use it very often when it is dusty. No scratches ever. I would note that you should only use it for light dust, and not if it looks like it has dirt on it, like from mud etc, something that don’t come off by just wiping…

There are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge on Meguires along with Mr. Meguires himself “The Rock”

So I am sure any question you have will be answered in short order. Some of these guys have pre-written response ready to go on a seconds notice…

Old 11-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: California Car Duster/Dash Duster - Meguiars Pro Products

Originally posted by Graphic
Also, I'll be asking some Meguiar's questions on a new thread...(Are you listening Rock?)
Yup... all ears.

I used the same Cali duster for about 10 years (got it when I turned 16) and just recently replaced it (and really didn't have to as it was still working great... just was very dirty and didn't want to mess with washing in woolite etc..)

I love my Cali and it goes just about everywhere with me!

RP

Old 11-07-2003, 06:18 PM
Well, I'm sold then. Two senior members (whose opinions I respect) with glowing reviews = Graphic continues to use his Cali Duster. Yay!

Thanks for the input guys. Now take a deap breath and go read my epic "meguiars questions" post.

Old 11-07-2003, 08:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Graphic
Well, I'm sold then. Two senior members (whose opinions I respect) with glowing reviews = Graphic continues to use his Cali Duster. Yay!

Thanks for the input guys. Now take a deap breath and go read my epic "meguiars questions" post.

I haven't found a reason to shelve my duster as of yet. The Cali water blade... well, that's a different story.

If someone wants to pay shipping, they can have it.

Old 12-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Car Duster

I've used a Calif. Car Duster for years with no problem. The one I'm using now on my '98 STX has dusted four previously owned autos. No scratches on any.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:29 AM
One more vote for both dusters. I use them both all of the time and they work just the way they say they will.

BOB

Quick Reply: California Car Duster/Dash Duster - Meguiars Pro Products