Meguiars Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towels

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 08:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguiars Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towels

Going on the recomendation of another senior member here, I decided to order a couple of these beauties from meguiars over the phone. I told the guy on the other end of the line how much I liked and used their products that he gave me free shipping. Free = Good... I tried to talk him into tossing a few goodies in there but, I had nothing when I got my package earlier this week. (I did, however, get some stickers with my last order )

Each towel costs $12.95 and comes in it's own little hard plastic tube (great for storage behind the seats or in a console). The towel measures 16"X27.5". Somewhat harsh for the size of the towel but, they are microfiber and high quality at that. Read on to see if they're worth it...

So, I washed my truck this afternoon after getting off of work a little early....

When drying time came, I pulled out the two plastic tubes and went to work with the contents.

At first, I was pretty disappointed as they were just smearing the water along but, as time went on and they got more damp, I was pretty pleased. They seemed to improve with use. I suspect that the 'newness' played a slight factor in this and I anticipate them working better after going through the washer with my other MF products.

I did my entire truck, with ease, with both of them.

I didn't use them to dry areas where sand and grit were more likely to be present (ie: fender flares etc). I stuck with the 100% cotton terry for those areas.

They work GREAT on glass and found that the less effort that I used, the better they worked. (as a side note, NEVER push down on the towel/chamois/whatever when you're drying a vehicle! Let the cloth do the work).

Kudos to Boss_429 and the Show Car Garage Forum for all the great information on waffle weave drying towels.

Another great product from the world leaders in painted surface care. Try them out! Visit meguiars.com for more information.

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 11-07-2003 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're welcome RP!

You are correct............ with any new MF towel, including the WW towels, I always recommend washing them first before using. You'll find that they will work even better after you washed them once or twice (as you guessed), as the washing removes all the excess sizing chemicals and dyes that cause smearing and streaking............. plus the WW's seem to get softer after washing!

I have Premium's Big Blue WW 24" X 36", and I can dry my entire truck with one! Of course, I always do the "rinse with the stream of water thing" to reduce the amount of drying required.

Old 11-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
...Of course, I always do the "rinse with the stream of water thing" to reduce the amount of drying required.
Yep, that trick is super valuable in my plan of attack.

It's amazing how much less drying you have to do if you just allow the water to gently flow off of the surface rather than using a stream.

Heck, I even noticed the other day on the gold class shampoo bottle that it recommends not using a stream of water and just a flowing hose. I guess they're trying to help you minimize water spots eh? Along with not spattering sand/grit all over your vehicle.

RP

Old 11-08-2003, 03:39 AM
I recently switched from a chamois to waffle weave MF towels and , man do they soak up some juice...!!!! Even though I still use the chamois for some areas, the WWMF are taking over...... great products.... got mine from PAKSHAK......

I too, find that changing the rinse stream to more "Flowing" stead of "spraying" reduces how much drying is required. I use the Ultimate Hoze nozzle and it does flow a LOT more water than any normal hose attachment.

Old 11-08-2003, 10:47 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by DonnyD
...I too, find that changing the rinse stream to more "Flowing" stead of "spraying" reduces how much drying is required. I use the Ultimate Hoze nozzle and it does flow a LOT more water than any normal hose attachment.
Yep. I have the ultimate hose nozzle too. I have to remove mine when I'm doing the 'flow down' method. I still love that nozzle though... worth every penny.

RP

Old 11-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Hey the W.W. 's are cool....Try www.pakshak.com I think his prices will be better..?

Old 11-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Did anyone read this?

Old 11-12-2003, 09:54 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have Pakshak & JT International WW towels. Great products.

Old 11-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by ROUSHFAN-1
Did anyone read this?
I authored the post... hehehe... I read it.

Old 11-13-2003, 09:36 AM
PakShak has very nice MF towels. So, I'm sure his WW towels are also very good. I have one of the JT International WW towels, and why it is a good towel, it's not quite as absorbent, or as soft as the Big Blue Premium WW towel.

Just my 2 cents though?

Old 11-13-2003, 10:01 AM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks !! I'm over at Autopoia once in a while....I got the discount when I ordered a while ago...Good heads up though...

Quick Reply: Meguiars Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towels