Dawn Soap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dawn Soap?

Hey all

I'll hopefully be giving black beauty her first claybar this weekend (pending weather conditions) and I was explaining the process to wifey - well I expected her to roll her eyes or some similar look but instead she asked a pretty good question (if you're a truck freak) - is there a certain type of dawn soap you should use or avoid when stripping the wax prior to claybar?

She said Dawn makes about 4 different lines and that she'd read/heard about someone who could only use regular dawn but it's tough to find because now everything is 'ultra' dawn.

I doubt it really makes any difference for something like this– I sure don't plan to dawn/claybar more than twice a year (and probably not that often) but I did go to the dawn website and they advertised Dawn Oxi, Dawn Complete, Ultra Dawn, and some sort of Dawn whose only gimmick was that it smelled damn good.

Won't be long before Dawn starts numbering thier products (D2, D5, DFX)?

Thanks for the input

Old 11-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just use the plain jane dawn (Blue)... none of the frilly scents or advanced.

$1 bottle at WallyHell I believe.

Old 11-15-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
I just use the plain jane dawn (Blue)... none of the frilly scents or advanced.

$1 bottle at WallyHell I believe.

Same kind I use, and tell your wife to stop asking questions because you had me nervous there for a minute…

I am thinking “Oh chit, there is different kinds of Dawn? Oh dear God did I use the wrong one when I thought Dawn was Dawn?”

Thankfully RockPick came along and answered thus enabling me to sleep at night once again…

That’s great your wife is “kind of” in to the detailing and asking questions. Perhaps you should suggest it would be better if she washed your truck with the Dawn since she is a woman and they are more experienced with “washing dishes with Dawn”…

If that backfires it DID NOT come from me…

Old 11-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Perhaps you should suggest it would be better if she washed your truck with the Dawn since she is a woman and they are more experienced with “washing dishes with Dawn”…
In leu of what my partner in crime has mentioned, I might totally avoid this statement all together when you're around the wifey.

It sounds like you've scored one for the gipper already in that she's asking questions about you detailing your truck. This means, in turn, that she's thinking about something that you love to do and love to take care in a manner that BENEFITS YOU ALREADY. By using 01's line mentioned above, you will bring yourself back to square one and find yourself cooking your own dinner as well... along with any other household chores that she does to assist you and the family.

Be warned.

RP

Old 11-15-2003, 01:03 PM
In leu of what my partner in crime has mentioned, I might totally avoid this statement all together when you're around the wifey.

It sounds like you've scored one for the gipper already in that she's asking questions about you detailing your truck. This means, in turn, that she's thinking about something that you love to do and love to take care in a manner that BENEFITS YOU ALREADY. By using 01's line mentioned above, you will bring yourself back to square one and find yourself cooking your own dinner as well... along with any other household chores that she does to assist you and the family.

Be warned.

RP
Well, you never know. She may get absolutely excited that he has even considered letting her “touch” his truck with her knowledge, experience and reputation as a highly skilled detergent analysis P&S engineer. Extensively known in her field of study for her superior skill in determining the proper ratios between detergent compounds, H20, corrected temperature from sea-level elevation, correct pressures determined based on atmospheric pressure as well as TODT (time of day temperature).

These highly skilled engineers in the field of detergent analysis P&S (pressure and stroke) know the proper pressure to use with the proper stroke to afford them the ability to safely and completely remove unwanted containments such as wax reside, grease stains on cooking utensils and other such irritating combinations of known chemical and biological combinations.

Furthermore, know that those with extensive experience in the field are quit handy around the family washer and dryer, a field in and of itself…

She is indeed a woman to be proud of and highly looked up to. To bypass her extensive knowledge and experience “could” be devastating and catastrophic…

Old 11-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Moderator &

That was the biggest pile that I've ever read...

Old 11-15-2003, 02:54 PM
That was the biggest pile that I've ever read...

Man, I am hurt...

Old 11-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Just plain old dawn should do the trick.

Old 11-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 4.6Reg cab XLT
Just plain old dawn should do the trick.
Out to post in every forum?

Old 11-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Trying to since its been a little over a year since I been here.

Old 11-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 4.6Reg cab XLT
Trying to since its been a little over a year since I been here.
It's kind of useless to pad posts man...

and doing what you're doing will be a good excuse to get

Old 11-16-2003, 10:01 AM
lol, I love the little animation RP

Quick Reply: Dawn Soap?