Detailer's Series Glass Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Detailer's Series Glass Cleaner

Well, after reading some great info on the Meguiar's Detailer's Series Glass Cleaner Concentrate (by someone who really knows this product), I managed to get my hands on a sample of this stuff from a local pro detailer that I know.

Anyhow, here's the scoop............ got my other two favorite glass cleaners - SprayWay, and Stoners IG, and mixed the Meguiar's GCC as directed (10 parts water to 1 part concentrate). Then on one side of my SCrew, I cleaned one window with the IG and an MF towel, and one with the GCC and an MF. On the other side I cleanded one window with SprayWay, and the other with GCC for comparisions against both products.

Conclusions:

First the GCC is not a foam like the Sprayway or IG, however, the GCC worked great............ loved the look, and the way it cleaned. Could I really tell a difference between the Sprayway, IG, or GCC...... not really. HOWEVER, there is a catch...............
The Meguiar's GCC is a concentrate at 10 parts water to 1 part GCC. That means that 1 gallon of GCC will make 11 GALLONS of window cleaner, or around 44 quarts. At a price of around $14 a gallon, that works out to a 32 ounce price of.............. I don't know but it's really, really cheap.

Fortunately, my wife loves the stuff too........... that's good, otherwise, a gallon of this stuff would last me 15 years. As soon as my IG, and Sprayway are gone............ the GCC will replace them!

Anyhow, 2 for the GCC!!

Old 11-27-2003, 10:20 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice review Boss... I'll have to give that stuff a try sometime if I get a chance. In the meantime, I'm still BLOWN AWAY by the Stoner's IG (as I only recently bought a bottle of it).

RP

Old 11-27-2003, 10:32 AM
RP,

Certainly nothing wrong with the IG! One problem with the GCC may be the ability to order it on-line, as the stuff contains alcohol!

Still, at a price of around .20 cents a quart.............. I'm gonna try!

Old 11-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Moderator &

Yeah, understandable...

I really love the IG though... the foaming action is one of the reasons that I fell in love in the first place. You spray, it stays.

RP

Old 11-27-2003, 09:13 PM
Boss,

I've used Stoner's, Eagle One 20/20 and a few others for my comparison. I've had good luck with both of the products I mentioned. I also like Meguiar's for the same reason you mentioned $$$. You mentioned that it isn't a foam, one thing I have found that helps this product a little with its body; Meguiar's sells a foaming spray head that fits their proffesional bottles ($3.95 I believe). This works great and gives you a little more time to work with it. Another plus is that if your windows have water spots on them you can mix this a little stronger than 10:1 and get even better cutting ability. These foaming heads work great with other Meguiar's products also. Anyway that's all I got to say bout' that.

One last note here. I was having trouble finding Meguiar's Professional/Detailer's series of products (products you can't find on Meguiar's web site). I dropped Meguiar's a note and asked where I could find these. They gave me the addresses of a couple of places that weren't too far from home to pick their products up. These were places that I hadn't previously considered. I can get ANYTHING they offer locally now.

Last edited by GearHead_1; 11-27-2003 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:13 AM
GearHead,

You are correct! The recommended sprayer is the one you are talking about! I agree also on the mixing............... I mixed mine a tad "richer" than recommended............ and it cleaned great. My wife is using some for windows, counter tops........ etc.......... and loves it.

Yes, one of the first things people should do when looking for Meguiar's Professional products, or Detailer Series products is to call them, and/or check out the Dealer Search for professional products on their website. I have a dealer (automotive paint supply store) about 15 miles from me who can get "any" of those products in a couple of days. However, I also have a website where I can order any of the above "on-line" (not sure on the concentrate yet). If I order over $75 worth of stuff, I get it shipped free, don't have to pay state tax, and get it delivered right to my door!

Old 11-28-2003, 10:56 AM
Moderator &

Yep, I have used the place that Boss is mentioning once and they are TOP NOTCH...

www.premiumautocare.com

RP

Old 11-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Yep, I have used the place that Boss is mentioning once and they are TOP NOTCH...

www.premiumautocare.com

RP
Yep, plus DetailCity members get an additional 5% off.......... sometimes more!

Quick Reply: Detailer's Series Glass Cleaner