well well, finally get the old Lightning prepped for the Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am with APT. I use Zaino and live in New Hampshire and 3 coats of Zaino will last all winter. You can get a good 6 months out of 3 coats...

Old 12-16-2003, 02:26 PM
I took a couple pics of the truck with the Zaino. I'm no photo great here. Should show up at the bottom of my sig now, elsewise click here: https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3559

Old 12-16-2003, 02:31 PM
10 minutes and already a couple of answers to my questions...You guys are great! I also frequent the dodge site for my Durango and never get good - Quality answers

Thanks

Old 12-16-2003, 02:40 PM
Daves01L, it looks SWEET...

wod99, Thanks and anytime we can help we will try...

Old 12-18-2003, 09:47 PM
well had took a couple days off to take care of things.

Washed her again and wiped it down with the gloss enhancer. I think this particular product is very useful for prepping dark colors.

Put another coat down of the Z5. This is just awesome! Getting compliments and stares. I'm really debating on just using the Z5 since it works so well on this black, but who knows.

Talked to a friend who had used Zaino before they brought out the Zfx kit. He said it was quite a bit of work. At this moment, it is easy as pie to utilize with the accelerator now, at least it is to me. Actually, it can be easier than the other products if you have everything ready.

Anyways, this stuff has surpassed any product that I have used before and I feel satisfied within on it's usage from now on. For a black truck, this is the pinacle.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Daves01L:

From all the reading I have ever done on Zaino the rule of thumb has been to use Z5 on dark colors and Z2 on light colors. Therefore I really don’t think you will want to use the Z2.

Also, even though the Z5 is marketed as a swirl remover it, in my opinion, and many others I have read, is useless for that purpose. There was a gentleman on here some time ago that went by Harley who has a black Harley Ford Truck and he tried both Z2 and Z5 and found the rule of thumb to be correct.

He found he got a better shine using the Z5 by itself rather then layering Z2 on top of the Z5 or the Z2 alone.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:36 PM
01 XLT SPORT

Sounds very reasonable. I was thinking of just using that alone anyhows as it has done wonders for this black color.

I'm finding a really great shine on this black that I was unable to obtain elsewise. I think if my truck had major haze marks and scratches, the Z5 wouldn't completely hide it. I think it does tend to hide some of the marks, but nothing is perfect in this sense.

I'm so glad I worked on the preperation ahead of time.

Thanks again for your tips and suggestions on using this product. I'm completely satisfied with it!!

Old 12-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Your welcome...

Old 12-20-2003, 08:36 AM
I've been following this thread and was interested in just how Z5 alone has ended up for Dave.........
Back when I changed to Z, I started out with Z5 and was very happy with the results and then changed to Z2 from then on...... BTW< this is on a Bright Red F150.......
The last year, I acquired another F150, dark toredor red.... and have only used Z2 on it......... again with very good results.......
Being almost out of Z2, this thread has got me thinking about going back to Z5 on both trucks...............

Like Dave has mentioned about his Lightning, when I get my bright red "ride around" truck out and cruise, I do get lots of looks and questions about how I keep it looking so good. Although I've always kept my vehicles clean and waxed, I feel that Zaino has achieved that next step of satisfaction............

Old 12-20-2003, 06:42 PM
NJR
Boy, you guys can sure confuse people..HA! I have applied six coats of Z2 on my 04 SuperCrew which is Dark Toreador Red Clearcoat Metallic, and it looks just GREAT! I did put a coat of P21S last week like I discribed earlier, that made the paint POP OUT!!!

I have a problem with putting something that is designed for "SWIRL REMOVER" (Z5), on a new vehicle. There must be something in the product that is different then in Z2?

It's going to be 70 in Dallas tomorrow, I'm starting to get a Zaino shake, but I guess I'll settle for a shot of P21S.

Happy Holidays...NJR :santa:

Old 12-21-2003, 12:49 AM
Here was why I was saying about the Z2:

Z-5™ Show Car Polish is our best base-coat polish for black, dark blue and red cars, which tend to show all marks and imperfections. After using Z-5™ Show Car Polish, follow with one or more coats of Z-2™ Show Car Polish. The results are nothing less than stunning.
This was off the Zaino site under the Z5 polish, so yea, that is why I was talking about using the Z2 here sometime. I'm not gonna do that I think since the shine and look is outstanding as can be at the moment.

Wasn't trying to confuse anyone, just was reading the instructions and caught that part there.

Old 12-23-2003, 05:01 AM
Caught something that I think I should elaborate on.

I let the truck go for a couple days outside, then decided to wash her down this afternoon. Broke out the Zaino wash and did it up. The car wash is pretty good stuff. Anyways, I wiped her down with my microfiber cloths and was checking it out. Something was wrong here.

Where was the shine?

I mean it has somewhat of a shine, but it's not having that crystal clear shine like normal. Hmmmm, ok I wet down a cloth then sprayed some of the gloss enhancer on it then wiped her down, BINGO!!!

Shining like a bigpig!!

So yea, the gloss enhancer is a big step in maintaining the shine of this product. I guess this is another one of those items that just came out along with the accelerator kit for the polish that others who used the product before didn't have. I was always using the enhancer prior to and after I applied the polish, so I never actually washed and seen the truck without it.

But it seems to pay to use it, as it brings out and maintains the shine of this product 4 fold!!

Quick Reply: well well, finally get the old Lightning prepped for the Zaino