Favorite Detailing Products of 2003

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh yeah, almost forgot.. got my PC DA polisher this year. what a time saver. just brings out the depth like nobodys business! works great w/ #9 and #7.

Pool

Old 12-29-2003, 04:59 PM
The wifey got me a PC 7424 from CoastalTool.com and the Meguiar's pad kit for the PC from PremiumAutoCare. Now I just have to figure out how best to use it. It is 10x better than the Craftsman one that came with a bucket. I can still use the bucket to sit on though.

Picked up some 303 and MF towels from the same place. I like the 303 on the tonno cover. The MF towels made a believer out of me.

Now the wife wants me to polish her car which has had 3 teenagers learn to drive on.

Last edited by ChiDiver; 12-29-2003 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:15 PM
be careful on the inside w/ the 303 on clear plastic. It will turn it milky.

you will love the PC it saves so much time!

Old 12-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RockPick, Are you all talking about Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection? I've never heard or used of Meguiar's Final Detail.

I don't know really too much of how Poorboy's Spray and Wipe and Meguiar's Final Inspection compare to each other.

I know PB's Spray and Wipe was made to be used on a dirty vehicle. I don't believe Meguiar's final inspection was made for that use, only for light dust and fingerprint removal on show vehicles. I personally use PB's Spray and Wipe. I'll be ordering 5 gallons of it soon. It's been over a year since I've touched Meguiar's FI.

I mainly use Quick Detailers to help me remove products from the paint or to remove fling off from my rotary. I almost never use them to remove dirt from vehicles. I prefer to spend the time to wash.

My attitude on detailing has changed. I'm sure you'll notice that in some of my posts.

Old 12-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Intel486
RockPick, Are you all talking about Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection? I've never heard or used of Meguiar's Final Detail.
It's one of several fairly new products that Meguiar's has put on the market in the past months. It's part of the 'Detailer's Line'. Everything is sold in bulk and is relatively cheap. Thusfar, the reviews of their Detailers products have been nothing but raves... I can speak on behalf of the Final Detail (a product similar to #34 with silicone) that it's my choice over #34. I love FI but, FD, with it's silicone, really makes my dark truck *POP*.

Why the upset attitude on detailing? I've learned a bunch from you and sincerely appreciate what you've taught me. I've noticed that you have slacked off on posting, in general, lately as well. Stick with us man! You're a wealth of knowledge and I sincerely enjoy reading what you have to say. If it weren't for Boss and you, I'd still be wanting to use Zaino. LOL!

RP

Old 12-30-2003, 03:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just not as interested in talking about detailing on the forums as I use to be. I still like to detail though. Other things in my life have changed and that's kind of switched my interests and concerns.

I'll have to look into this new product liine from them. Haven't heard anything about it.

I'm on AIM all the time as F150intel486 if u want to hit me up to talk about anything. I'm more liable to talk more on there than a message board...

Old 12-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good deal Intel. Again, I appreciate all the knowledge that you've effervessed (neat word huh?) on the boards. You certainly have a wealth of info to share...

You should definately check out the Detailer's line. Thus far, while following a couple of detail msg boards, I've yet to see a complaint.

I'll give you a yell on AOL sometime.

RP

Old 12-30-2003, 08:24 AM
I really like the formula 113 products.

The wax was really easy to apply and to buff out. I am able to use it in direct sunlight. Plus it is clear so I even use it on glass and Chrome.

I love their BeadX detailer spray. The stuff is great to work with and it does all that it says it will. However I have also used meguires QD and I think it works just as well as the Beadx and it is cheaper and more readily available.

The clay bar is awesome. If you haven't used a clay bar yet you don't know what you are missing. it leaves your surface so smooth. Any clay bar will work, but the one I bought from Formula 113 was larger then the others I have purchased for the same price.

For cleaning my wheels I use eagle one's Chrome & Wire Wheel Cleaner. Stuff works great for cutting through brake dust and road grime.

a product called California magic's metal wax is a great product for anyone that has anything that is aluminum, stainless steel, silver, gold, brass, or beryllium. I use it on my motorcycle wheels and it is by far the best product available for cleaning and polishing metal!!!!

Quick Reply: Favorite Detailing Products of 2003