How long can you leave Zaino on before buffing off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long can you leave Zaino on before buffing off?

Well I got some zaino and decided today would be my first attempt with it and did the following:

Wash with dawn
Claybar
Wash with zaino wash
dry

Guess this ended up taking a little longer than planned cause I got two coats on and it was starting to get dark so I put a third on since I still had some mixed up with the ZFX.

My question is since the temps are starting to drop some (still 65) and it might take a little longer to dry, is there any reason that it can not be left on over night and buffed off in the morning.

Guess if I dont hear anything I will go back out in an hour or so and try to get it off as best as possible with the crappy lighting I have.

Also, I got three coats out of one ounce of Z2....am I putting it on to light or will it still work fine?

Thanks!!!

Old 12-28-2003, 06:36 PM
You can leave it on as long as you like. It will not hurt anything. Overnight should be fine, any longer then I would be cautious as to dust starting to build up and then buffing off the Zaino with dust on it could possible cause micro scratches.

However, if it is in a garage you should have nothing to worry about. 3 coats out of an ounce is great. The key is putting it on real light as it makes it much easier to buff off.

Old 12-28-2003, 06:37 PM
If you used the ZFX, I would NOT let it sit overnight. It should be dry as soon as you've applied a coat to the entire vehicle.

3 coats out of an ounce is excellent, and won't hurt anything.

Quick Reply: How long can you leave Zaino on before buffing off?