How do I get rid of the water lines (stains?) under supercab rear windows

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do I get rid of the water lines (stains?) under supercab rear windows

I've got what look like 2 water lines or stains from the corners of my rear windows that go about 1/2 way down my doors and I can't figure out how I keep getting them. I park under a carport at night so it's not because of the dew and I always blow the water out of the "nooks and crannies" with air after doing the normal wipe down after a wash.

They almost completely disappear when I use Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner or Meg's Swirl Remover then Meg's Show Car Glaze and top it off with wax (26). But after about 3 weeks they start gradually becoming more and more noticeable again and it seems that the only way to hide them is to go through the whole cleaner/polish/wax procedure again (touch ups with Final Detail don't seem to make a difference either).

I've ordered some of Meg's Dual Action Cleaner Polisher for another reason (my four year old can tell you why ) and it is supposed to be a little more aggressive product. I am going to give that a shot at getting rid of them, but I just wondered if anyone else ran into this problem and if so, then how did you deal with it?

Thanks,
chknbone

PS - my truck is Wedgewood Blue which is part of the reason the water lines show up so well.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLR

CLR

Old 01-06-2004, 02:14 PM
That's "CLR" as in the Calcium, Lime, Rust removal stuff? Really?

Anybody else ever use this on their paint?

chknbone

Old 01-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd be INCREDIBLY HESITANT to use CLR on the paint but, it may work... I've never tried it.

I'd try that DACP but, first, let me ask you a question...

Are the water marks more of a result as to what you're putting on your glass? In short, what products are you utilizing as a glass cleaner and, are you removing all of those products.

My hunch is that either you're not getting all the product off (less likely) or that the rain water in your immediate area (or general environment) yields 'hard water'. Do you notice water spots more frequently after rain or dew?

DACP isn't overly agressive and I don't think that you have much to worry with when using it but, do note that it is more abrasive than PPC or #9.

RP

Old 01-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I don't think it's the window cleaner but you have given me an idea....sometimes I use Meg's Gold Class Trim Detailer on the rubber gaskets for those windows and maybe some of it washes off (and down the door) when it rains?

I'm hesitant to say that it's the rain itself because I can't remember seeing it on other F150s around here.

Thanks for the input,

chknbone

Old 01-06-2004, 03:11 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had that probem on my Supercab as well. Dunno what is was asn I used the same stuff to wash the outside of the windows as the rest of the body. And there is no trim dressing near the rear windows. Figure it was something in the rain.

Old 01-06-2004, 03:23 PM
nope, not just rain water. that happens all the time to my truck. a few days after washing her, i'll see the residual of water drying. its a pita, but the only explanation for it that i can see is how the windows drain the water. like chknbone said, its probably from condensation, but i don't see a way around it.

Quick Reply: How do I get rid of the water lines (stains?) under supercab rear windows