Introducing Meguiar's NXT Line of Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes! I AM A MEANY! LMAO!

#7 looked good with the NXT eh? Hrrm... seeing that I have a bottle of NXT in the aresonal, maybe I'll toss that in as an additional step after the #9... gotta deal with a few swirls.

RP

Old 01-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT

Anyone know the answers to these questions yet?

1. How cold can this Meguire's new NXT be put on?

2. Does it generate the powder residue I associate with a regular wax job when it is being removed?

AND

3. Does it turn black plastic and rubber white if you wax beyond the boundry of your paint job?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 01-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Re: NXT

Originally posted by THall
Anyone know the answers to these questions yet?

1. How cold can this Meguire's new NXT be put on?

2. Does it generate the powder residue I associate with a regular wax job when it is being removed?

AND

3. Does it turn black plastic and rubber white if you wax beyond the boundry of your paint job?

Thanks,

Tom
1. Some people have been putting it on in pretty "chilly temps". Personaly, I would wait until the temp is above 40........ 50 would be better.

2. No!

3. I've heard it stains a bit............... can't be sure. RP will have to let us know on this one!

Old 01-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Moderator &

Oh wow... sorry I missed your questions there THall...

It looks like Boss got the majority of them but, as of right now, I couldn't tell you if it stains the moldings. I haven't been able to try it yet because of this *(*&)ing weather. One day it's 50 and rains like Noah is building an Arc... the next day, it's 20 and freezing rain... then the next day, 30 and snow.

WHERE IS SPRING!>?!!?!?

Anyway, I'll post back after I give it a whirl. Of course, I don't have any intention on getting it on the molding but, I'm sure I'll have one tiny goof or two.

RP

Old 01-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Anyway, I'll post back after I give it a whirl. Of course, I don't have any intention on getting it on the molding but, I'm sure I'll have one tiny goof or two.
RP
Like me, I'm sure you'll have to put some on the trim "on purpose", to see if it stains!!!!! (seems like everytime I wax, I do that "on purpose"!)

P.S........... you've got mail!

Old 01-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Moderator &

On purpose he says... LOL!

Yeah, I do that too... totally intentionally...

I replied...

Old 01-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Oh wow... sorry I missed your questions there THall>?!!?!?
RP
Not to worry mate thanks for the reply tho.

Thanks to Boss_429 for the response provided.

I have been using the Z products and have been very happy with the results, both the looks and the longevity. Longevity is important to me. I live here in the Seattle area and when winter comes it is hard to get a chance to put on another coat. I don't have a garage that I can work in . . . I just work outside.

Anyway, someone will come along and put out a better product and Meguires is an obvious producer and competitor.

Just keeping an eye out for the next generation. Always interested.

Thanks Guys,

Tom

Old 01-24-2004, 06:19 PM
I think I asked this questions a while back in another post but don’t recall getting an answer to it yet.

RockPick do you or any of the others know if this new NXT which is suppose to be a synthetic polish acts or has the same make up like Zaino’s synthetic polish? To be more specific, from what I understand, any synthetic polish has to be put on grease, silicone, and wax free surface for it to bond properly. (At least that is the case with Zaino)

If that is indeed true, and I don’t know that for a fact, only my understanding, then would that “not” allow you to use other Meguiars products for prepping the paint surface prior to the NXT unless those products were wax, grease or silicone free?

Are there any estimates as to how long the NXT will last on the paint? Zaino currently last 6 months through salty winters with no problem, so are there any idea if the NXT will be as durable?

Only asking to be educated, ones never knows what happens when another becomes a bit more educated…

Old 01-25-2004, 09:52 AM

Here's my take on it............. for what it's worth.

Yes, the NXT is supposed to be a pure synthetic, and according to it's MSDS sheet, it looks that way.

Now, a lot of people have been using a wide range of Meguiar's products as prep for the NXT with no visible ill affects. Do I personally believe that applying a synthetic product over a product that has oils, and/or waxes will affect it's durability............ YES! Do I know this for a fact, or know how much of an affect it will have on durablity.................... NO! Only time will tell.

I haven't heard any durability claims on the NXT yet. I would probably ignore most of them anyhow, as the durability of a product is subject to a whole bunch of variables, and I would want to test it for myself.

I know that doesn't really answer your questions, but it's all I have?

Old 01-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Moderator &

I just avoided his question as it seemed like it was VERY loaded...

I don't trust 01 as far as I can throw him...

Old 01-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Interesting...More info please

Old 01-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Well, anyone seeking more information, should consider joining Meguiar's cool BRAND NEW car care forums! Here's the link! Hurry up RP!!!!!!!!

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/

Last edited by Boss_429; 01-25-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Well, anyone seeking more information, should consider joining Meguiar's cool BRAND NEW car care forums! Here's the link! Hurry up RP!!!!!!!!

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/
Boss_429,
Thanks for the heads up!

John

Old 01-25-2004, 08:15 PM
I just avoided his question as it seemed like it was VERY loaded...

I don't trust 01 as far as I can throw him...
First, thanks Boss on your post. Second, in all honestly I am just seeking information. I am extremely pleased with the results I get from Zaino but that doesn’t mean I may not give another product a look at to see where it may be as compared to Zaino.

My main concern is the durability of the polish I use because of the possible long winters we can have here and not being able to put any protection on during winter. Three coats of Zaino will last me 6 months and provide the protection I need.

From what I understand that is because it is a synthetic polish. Since this new Meguiars NXT is a synthetic polish I would think it would have the same durability. I would also be very interested if it will achieve a nice shine without the use of a buffer. If I hear results of NXT providing the same kind of durability and shine without a buffer then I may give some serious consideration to trying it out…

Old 01-25-2004, 08:25 PM

No problem! To be honest, I've been talking to several of my detailing friends. A couple of them are extremely impressed, while the others are only somewhat impressed. Again, it's a matter of what each individual likes, or doesn't like. I will tell you, that all of them love the ease of application and removal, and the ability to fill swirls.......... even if only temporary. As for the durability, it's way to early to tell, and even after a couple of months I doubt that anybody will no for sure. Durability is tough to measure.

Anyhow, for $15 is sure sounds worth trying......... ya just never know!

Quick Reply: Introducing Meguiar's NXT Line of Products