Washer fluid resevoir keeps freezing!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Washer fluid resevoir keeps freezing!

Whenever the temp drops to about 20F or lower, my washer fluid will not work. Anyone from a snowy area knows what it's like a few days after a storm, with all the gunk they spray on the highways...you need your washers every damn 5 minutes, if not sooner. I assumed moisture from snow was icing up the nozzles. Today I looked under the hood, and the washer fluid was like a blueberry slushie! I thought washer fluids were all generally good to -25C or so. I nose the truck up close to my garage, so the front corner is protected from the wind. The fluid in there right now is from my Ford dealer. I had a 4X4 T-case problem and while it was there they topped it off.

Anybody reccomend any hight-test washer fluids?

Old 01-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh, Heh, Heh, I see my last batch of blue food dye #6 washer fluid has hit the streets.

Yeah, adding the methyl alcohol was cutting into my profits, so I figured we could do without it.

Old 01-15-2004, 11:34 AM
I had the same problem.
I started using the prestone fluid. never had it happen again.
Save the cheap stuff for the summer.
It don't matter how close to the house you go. its the outside temp that's the problem, not the wind.

Old 01-15-2004, 03:40 PM
The stuff at Walmart (marked good for -20 degrees) works for me. Sixty-nine cents and working at 12 below zero. How old was the stuff you used? It may have gone bad over time.

Quick Reply: Washer fluid resevoir keeps freezing!