Leather Conditioning/Cleaning Explained

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Leather Conditioning/Cleaning Explained

Found this link over on another site... I thought it was very well written and provided a WEALTH of information.

Check it out!

CLICK HERE!!

RP

Old 01-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good link RP. That was an interesting read and I don't even have leather seats.

I've heard those rendering plants where they boil animal parts stink like nothing else, it's funny to think part of the appeal of the final product is to keep the leather smellling good.

I currently use the meguiars consumer leather polish for the steering wheel. I know the steering wheels are pretty heavy duty and well preserved, but I like to occasionally rub it down for peace of mind and the good smell.

I've heard you praise lexol products before- sounds like for good reason!

-G

Old 01-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Graphic
I've heard those rendering plants where they boil animal parts stink like nothing else...
Funny you mention that...

This is totally off topic thus, if you're here hunting for leathercare information, this post probably won't interest you... but, if you're just out for a read to waste some time... read on.

I actually used to work a job VERY NEAR a rendering plant in Russelville, Kentucky.

It was a VERY LARGE SCALE PCB contamination cleanup that I was helping with... the site was immediately across the road from where we were digging all that summer (and I mean EVERY DAY that summer... to my knowledge, they're still digging some of those areas)....

I watched TRUCK FULLS of dead horses, cows, and other various animals roll into that place and get DUMPED on the ground and moved around by front end loaders. TRUCKLOADS!!!!! It was enough to make you VERY nauxious. Griffin was the name of the company...

The smell was BEYOND awful. Seriously... at some points, you'd just gag because you caught a wiff of something that really hit the gag reflex with a vengence.... I heard stories of guys tossing their lunch because of odors alone although I never did...

Trust me, it was bad... and it's something else to see a semi go by with hooves sticking straight up in the air in plain view... then to watch them dump them out... whew... it was crazy.

RP

Quick Reply: Leather Conditioning/Cleaning Explained