How mcu $$$ did you put down for microfiber towels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try here this is where I got mine ..Really nice !!! I like the waffle ones ALOT !!

www.pakshak.com great guy to deal with..

Old 01-31-2004, 09:16 AM

RP may have a bit different take on this, but here's my two cents:

The 20 X 40 Soft and Plush towels from premium can be used to dry off the vehilce, but they don't work quite as well as the WW towel for that purpose. The 16 X 27 Meguiar's towel that RP has is better for that purpose. I prefer an even slightly larger WW towel for that purpose................. this one:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/wafweavdryin.html

That towel is very thick, absorbent, and soft. I need only one to dry my entire SuperCrew. However, because I am so "****" about this stuff, I use that Preimum Blue towel to "blot" the surface, and lightly wipe any remaining water streaks with this WW towel..........

http://www.premiumautocare.com/platsupsofdr.html

That WW towel is not as thick and absorbent as the Blue one, but it is even softer, and makes me feel safer while I'm "wiping" the surface.

Now, back to the 20 X 40 Soft & Plush................. I actually prefer the smaller version of this towel (16 x 16) for removing polishes like Meguiar's #9, #7, #82 etc, paint cleaners, and general detailing chores. However, the bigger one is great to use with products like Poorboy's Spray and Wipe. I just prefer the smaller ones for the other chores, as they are easier to handle.

Now, the 29.5 x 16 inch DFTowel is an AWESOME towel for removing waxes like Meguiar's #26, P21S, Souveran, and any other quality carnauba's. It is also a great towel for removing sealants like UPP, Zaino, Klasse and similar. It is so safe, and silky soft, and just seems to glide over the paint finish removing the products effortlessly. It is also the nicest towel I've ever used for final QD'ing............. for the same reasons.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2004, 09:46 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Zero disagreements from RP...

Old 01-31-2004, 09:48 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
RockPick, I put the size of the towels in bold (in your above quote) to make it easier for my question.

Are you using the first one listed (20” x 40”) for just drying the vehicle because of their size?

Are you using the second one listed (29.5” x 16”) for actually buffing off the wax/polish by hand?

I take it you are using the third and last one listed (16” x 27”) for drying so that’s why I am not sure what exactly your doing with the first one listed (20” x 40”)

Here is what I am thinking of buying and for what:

First one listed (20” x 40”) maybe buy 3 for drying and using for my final detail spray after buffing the polish off.

Second one listed (29.5” x 16”) maybe buy 2 for actually buffing off the polish.

What do you and/or Boss think?

I have been thinking about getting some MF towels for a while but since it is so DAMN COLD haven’t put much thought into it for a while until I came across this thread…
See Boss's response...

It's all personal preference honestly. I like a bigger towel (as I started with baby wipe sized MF towels that stunk!)...

I, personally, use the WW towels to dry. The plush blue to detail and 'spot dry' (you know, all those little leaks that the vehicle seems to have after you dry it off good.... ), and the DFT to remove wax/polish and QD as well...

That make it any more clear?

RP

Old 01-31-2004, 09:54 AM
Ok Boss, here is what I am thinking about getting:

1 – Premium drying towel (25” x 36”) – for actual drying.

2 – Soft and Plush (20” x 40”) – for general purpose, and maybe to use with Zaino’s final detail spray after washes or buffing off polish.

2 – DF Concours towels (29.5” x 16”) – for actual buffing off the Zaino polish.

Does that seem like the right mix and amount of towels needed? If I was to put 2 or 3 coats of Zaino on in one day would 2 of the DF towels for buffing off Zaino be enough?

Lastly, what about actual washing the towels when done with them? I know not to use bleach or softeners when washing them but how much soap? I use liquid Tide, would you just use the normal amount like any other wash, or would you use less or more? Can you wash them all together?

I know it seems like more **** questions but I know it’s just as important to take proper care of the products you actual use for detailing as it is in the actual detailing itself.

Old 01-31-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
See Boss's response...

It's all personal preference honestly. I like a bigger towel (as I started with baby wipe sized MF towels that stunk!)...

I, personally, use the WW towels to dry. The plush blue to detail and 'spot dry' (you know, all those little leaks that the vehicle seems to have after you dry it off good.... ), and the DFT to remove wax/polish and QD as well...

That make it any more clear?

RP
Yes and thank you to both you and Boss you have both made it more clear…

Old 01-31-2004, 09:59 AM
That is what I am thinking about using the Plush Blue towels for as well, to spot dry or other general uses.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Moderator &

That is what I am thinking about using the Plush Blue towels for as well, to spot dry or other general uses.
That's how I use them... they're a good 'all round' type of towel and are good to have in the aresenal.... I have 5 of the PAC blue... 2 WW Meg's towels.... and two DFT's. Love em all!

Enjoy....

MF is the best thing since sliced bread... and I love bread.

RP

Old 01-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Ok Boss, here is what I am thinking about getting:

1 ? Premium drying towel (25? x 36?) ? for actual drying.

2 ? Soft and Plush (20? x 40?) ? for general purpose, and maybe to use with Zaino?s final detail spray after washes or buffing off polish.

2 ? DF Concours towels (29.5? x 16?) ? for actual buffing off the Zaino polish.

Does that seem like the right mix and amount of towels needed? If I was to put 2 or 3 coats of Zaino on in one day would 2 of the DF towels for buffing off Zaino be enough?

Lastly, what about actual washing the towels when done with them? I know not to use bleach or softeners when washing them but how much soap? I use liquid Tide, would you just use the normal amount like any other wash, or would you use less or more? Can you wash them all together?

I know it seems like more **** questions but I know it?s just as important to take proper care of the products you actual use for detailing as it is in the actual detailing itself.

Yep, that's a pretty good mix.

You could use the MF's for removing the first and second coat of Z, and for QD'ing with the Z6 between coats, and then use the DFTowel for final coat of Z, and then use the other DFTowel for the Final QD with the Z6. Once you use the DFTowels, you'll see what we mean! They aren't cheap................ but OH how sweet!

Old 01-31-2004, 10:18 AM
Sweet, sounds like I have a game plan now...

Thanks again Boss and RockPick.

Old 01-31-2004, 11:05 AM

No problem! One more IMPORTANT thing............ If you are going to buy the towels at Premium, why not join DC (even if you don't post), and use the 10% "detailcity" discount code.

Go here, and read the text in RED.

http://www.detailcity.com/

Old 01-31-2004, 01:17 PM
Moderator &

Sweet, sounds like I have a game plan now...

Thanks again Boss and RockPick.
Yessir... no problem.

I'm not nearly as far along as Boss when it comes to MF but, I can tell you this, I'll wouldn't sell the towels that I have now for what I paid for them...

Old 01-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429

No problem! One more IMPORTANT thing............ If you are going to buy the towels at Premium, why not join DC (even if you don't post), and use the 10% "detailcity" discount code.

Go here, and read the text in RED.

http://www.detailcity.com/
Thanks Boss for the tip, I just save myself $7...

Old 01-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Moderator &

Too bad he didn't save you any more than that!

His invoice total will be around $32.50 whereas mine is only $17.50...

It's ashame you couldn't have saved around $50 because that's your total bill...

Net due upon receipt.

RP

Quick Reply: How mcu $$$ did you put down for microfiber towels?