How mcu $$$ did you put down for microfiber towels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How mcu $$$ did you put down for microfiber towels?

How much have you paid for your microfiber towels? Please dont tell me you put down between 5 and 10 dollars down for one measly towel. If i get enough requests, i can get you one 16x16 microfiber towel for about half the price mentioned above. Give me some time and I might be able to get a hold of probably 10 to 20 packs(each pack has 12 towels)

Last edited by sk8inrj1; 01-29-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:10 PM
I would be interested. I am sure others would be too. Everyone will want to know the quality of the towels. Please give us any info you can, thanks.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:22 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JTI already sells 16x16 for $2ea, last time I ordered. Order one, or order 100, $2ea. Pakshak is similar pricing if you e-mail him. And I think ther eare a few other vendors with quality MF towels in this price range too.

I have spent about $225 on MF towels total, some of which I have given as gifts. I have 16x16, 24x24, and a few waffleweave ones in different sizes. Even have some tiny eyeglass ones.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:53 PM
I have 9 of Adam's MF towels, but they are of extreme quality. I'd like to try a few other brands, like Pakshak and poorboys... Never again will I use walmart brand.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have around $150 tied up in MF towels...

I won't give a laundry list of my aresenal but, by far and away, my favorite MF towels are from premiumautocare.com

I have several of these: http://www.premiumautocare.com/supplusmicto.html

And I have two of these (which, by the way, ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!---THANK YOU BOSS FOR POINTING THESE OUT!!!!!!!!) http://www.premiumautocare.com/dfcotome29x1.html

I have a couple waffle weave drying towels that are also MF.... Got those from Meguiar's.... http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia....cfm?sku=M9909 These are GREAT as well... they come in a handy little plastic tube for easy storage... VERY nice.

I have a bunch of other 'here and there' towels as well... including, but not limited to, Yo Steve, Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe, and cheapy Turtle Wax towels.

You really get what you pay for when it comes to MF. The Blue Plush MF towels from PAC are a great 'do-all' towel in my opinion. I've used them to dry, detail, remove wax/polish etc...

I've learned that there is GOOD MF and GREAT MF. I've really never used a bad MF towel. Size is important depending on what job you're doing as well. I love the larger towels for quick details and like the small, cheapy towels for detailing wheels and such.

RP

Old 01-29-2004, 11:22 PM
WOW i seriously didnt think you guys were so in to your towels (microfibers of course)! Also, i didnt really know that there were varying grades of these towels. Well i have some info on these towels. The title on the package is "Detailers Preference Microfiber car towels" They are made by a company called Eurow. Unfortunately they are made in China (unfortunate because it aint american) I will get some pic up in a minute.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Old 01-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Moderator &

I'm not familar with that brand but, it is a start....

I started with awful MF towels when I got into the craze and I've finally realized (really, only recently) that there is a HUGE difference in quality with price. Like I said, you really get what you pay for...

I bought a bulk pack off of ebay a while back (about 8 months ago I'd say...) those are the towels that only get used to polish metal, do the windshield, or maybe, wheel duty. After what I've bought and use now, they'd NEVER touch my paint....

One 'quality factor' as I'll call it is lint. The high-end towels seem to not have any lint (or extremely minimal amounts). The cheap ones I have really leave a lot of lint...

I'm not sure where any of mine are made but, I can tell you that I don't think any of them are American.

RP

Old 01-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Well, I have more money invested in towels that I wish to disclose! I have quality towels from 7 or 8 suppliers, all of which are very good, with some being slightly better than others, and others more of a specialty towel.

Anyhow what's been said in these posts is very accurate. Check out what others say about a particular towel, and come to you own decisions. In the end, don't scrimp when it comes to buying towels. The really good ones will serve you well, and be safer for you paint. Having said that, there are some good ones for about $3 a piece....... some for around $5 a piece.

Old 01-30-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by RockPick

And I have two of these (which, by the way, ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!---THANK YOU BOSS FOR POINTING THESE OUT!!!!!!!!) http://www.premiumautocare.com/dfcotome29x1.html
You're welcome RP! Glad you love those DFTowels................ and I knew you would!
Aren't they the most incredible towel for removing waxes/sealant, and final QD'ing?

Old 01-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
You're welcome RP! Glad you love those DFTowels................ and I knew you would!
Aren't they the most incredible towel for removing waxes/sealant, and final QD'ing?
Yep... they are GREAT.... I just wish I could use them more often .... damn weather.

RP

Old 01-30-2004, 10:10 AM
RP,

Mr. DFTowel now has applicators made out of the same material with sponges in them that can be used with or without the sponges. More importantly, he's coming out soon with wash mitts made out of the same material. I'm not quite sure whether or not the wash mitts will be "plush" enough to use for washing.......... but we'll see!

Old 01-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
RP,

Mr. DFTowel now has applicators made out of the same material with sponges in them that can be used with or without the sponges. More importantly, he's coming out soon with wash mitts made out of the same material. I'm not quite sure whether or not the wash mitts will be "plush" enough to use for washing.......... but we'll see!
SWEEET!

I think I'd probably like those applicators but, I've still found it hard to stray from cotton terry applicators.... I just like them the best.... much more than foam!

RP

Old 01-30-2004, 10:57 PM
I've seen some reviews on these towels on some other forums and they were comparing them to the "Viper" line of MFs. I've got about 12 of these Eurow towels and the biggest difference I've seen between them and PakShak is that these are just as fluffy on one side as the other. The PakShak MFs that I got were only really fluffy on one side of the towel.

chknbone

Old 01-31-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
I have several of these: http://www.premiumautocare.com/supplusmicto.html 20” x 40”

And I have two of these (which, by the way, ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!---THANK YOU BOSS FOR POINTING THESE OUT!!!!!!!!) http://www.premiumautocare.com/dfcotome29x1.html 29.5” x 16”

I have a couple waffle weave drying towels that are also MF.... Got those from Meguiar's.... http://www.meguiars.com/store_megui...l.cfm?sku=M9909 16” x 27” These are GREAT as well... they come in a handy little plastic tube for easy storage... VERY nice.

RP
RockPick, I put the size of the towels in bold (in your above quote) to make it easier for my question.

Are you using the first one listed (20” x 40”) for just drying the vehicle because of their size?

Are you using the second one listed (29.5” x 16”) for actually buffing off the wax/polish by hand?

I take it you are using the third and last one listed (16” x 27”) for drying so that’s why I am not sure what exactly your doing with the first one listed (20” x 40”)

Here is what I am thinking of buying and for what:

First one listed (20” x 40”) maybe buy 3 for drying and using for my final detail spray after buffing the polish off.

Second one listed (29.5” x 16”) maybe buy 2 for actually buffing off the polish.

What do you and/or Boss think?

I have been thinking about getting some MF towels for a while but since it is so DAMN COLD haven’t put much thought into it for a while until I came across this thread…

Quick Reply: How mcu $$$ did you put down for microfiber towels?