New Meguiar's wax?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss with your experience with it, or information from other sites is the NXT like Zaino, where as with Zaino 1 coat looks ok to nice, but once you get 3 – 5 coats on it is amazing?

Another question, again as compared to Zaino, with Zaino if you use the accelerator it speeds up the dry/cure time and also allows you to put up to 3 coats on in a day. If you do not use the accelerator and it’s humid out it could take hours for Zaino to final dry/cure and you have to allow something like 14 hours in between coats so each coat cures properly.

How about the NXT? What kind of dry/cure time is there and how many coats in a day can you put on?

Old 01-31-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Boss with your experience with it, or information from other sites is the NXT like Zaino, where as with Zaino 1 coat looks ok to nice, but once you get 3 ? 5 coats on it is amazing?

Another question, again as compared to Zaino, with Zaino if you use the accelerator it speeds up the dry/cure time and also allows you to put up to 3 coats on in a day. If you do not use the accelerator and it?s humid out it could take hours for Zaino to final dry/cure and you have to allow something like 14 hours in between coats so each coat cures properly.

How about the NXT? What kind of dry/cure time is there and how many coats in a day can you put on?

I've heard that the look of the NXT improves with a second and third coat. As a matter of fact, I've heard that the NXT looks better the next day after it's cured a bit.

The "dry" time on the NXT is short.......... around 15 minutes, maybe a little bit more if humid, and I would think that you could put multiple coats on in one day if you wanted (I know some people have). However the true "cure" time may be longer. I would bet that maxiumum results would be achieved if you allowed the first coat to cure overnight.

To be honest 01, I think you will find that one good coat of NXT will give you the same "POP" that 2 or 3 coats of Zaino......... not necessarily the durability of 2 or 3 coats of "Z" ........... but the looks.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 01-31-2004, 08:57 PM
If synthetics can't be stripped off with dawn or whatever how can you remove it? Should it be removed ? If so how often and how? What do you do if you want to use some other type of wax/

Old 01-31-2004, 11:23 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by LINYScrew
If synthetics can't be stripped off with dawn or whatever how can you remove it? Should it be removed ? If so how often and how? What do you do if you want to use some other type of wax/
A mildly abrasive polish like Meguiar's #9 swirl remover will do the trick....

Old 01-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Well, the main reason I want to try it is because if the NXT actually lasts 5 to 6 months (like Zaino does) with just one application, that'll be about two times a year I get to polish my truck. Since I started college I don't have the time to wax my truck every month like I used to with yellow #26. That will save me alot of time if it's "that" durable. About using a buffer, I have one but if I can get by without it that suits me just fine. I think the website says something about NXT being easy on, easy off or something like that. Boss or anybody, if you try this stuff, please let us know the results! Thanks for all the help......Peace.

Old 02-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Moderator &

You certainly don't have to use a PC or similar for application. I don't think it's going to hurt anything but, it's certainly not required....

As for easy on and easy off... I've heard NO ONE mention that it was tough....

Again, I haven't tried it as of yet but, it's VERY near on the horizon... pending it'll get above 25 freaking degrees and the snow will melt...

*sidenote* I see why Seattle has the highest per-capita suicide rate... if it rained and was gloomy nearly all of the time, I think it'd really start to get to me too... *sighs*

RP

Old 02-01-2004, 12:37 AM
I know what you mean about the cold RockPick. It got down to 0* here last night, and it's supposed to hover just above 0* tonight too. Thank God for kerosene heaters! I wish it would warm up so I can put my Soft tonneau back on. That's an impossible feat when it's this frickin' cold! Now I feel better... /rant mode off/

Old 02-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Moderator &

-5 here last night...

I feel your pain

Old 02-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 02-01-2004, 12:49 AM
I know what you all mean about cold weather and suicidal intentions. It sucks because when it’s this cold there are no cats on the road…

When I pass by these stupid freaking snowmen kids make I stop, get out of my truck with a bat and beat the chit out of it yelling ”FLUCK you Froster!!!!”

Old 02-01-2004, 01:11 AM
Cold weather= no waxy the trucky=suicidal intentions=drinking=posting on f-150 online about killing cats and knocking down little children's snowmen with a ballbat.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:52 PM
RP,
It doesn't look like your going to get to try the NXT this week. The weatherman says rain all week. Dagnabbit!

Old 02-04-2004, 10:12 PM
How ironic, all week long I've been telling my boss to buy zaino because he wants a polish that's easy to apply by hand (he doesn't like meguire's for some reason). And now this stuff comes along

Where are you guys buying this stuff from? Couldn't find any locally. Then again for some reason there always seems to be a shortage when I'm looking for some!

As for the weather, it was "cold" here last night in Los Angeles at *45 hehehe. If it makes you guys feel better though, at least you don't see a large yellow blanket lingering over your city about 350 days a year.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Moderator &

It's just now starting to make it to the shelves of local retailers however, you can order it directly from Meguiar's at www.meguiars.com

So far, I've read nothing but good about it but, of course it's been a short trial on durability. The jury is still out on that one but, I suspect it's going to rival the very popular sealants like Z and such.... that's just one man's opinion though.

RP

Quick Reply: New Meguiar's wax?