New Meguiar's wax?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Meguiar's wax?

I read somewhere about a new wax that Meguiar's has came out with called NXT. What kind of wax is this? And will it be available in most auto parts stores? Thanks.

Old 01-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Check out RP's post:

NXT

Old 01-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's actually not a 'wax' even though they are printing that on the package. It's a full synthetic...

It will be available at your local shops either immediately or within the next few days as it has been released.

The buzz is that it's great stuff. I've had a bottle for several weeks now and haven't been able to utilize it because of the CRAPPY weather. I'll give a full, honest opinion about it once I've tried it...

RP

Old 01-31-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
The buzz is that it's great stuff. I've had a bottle for several weeks now and haven't been able to utilize it because of the CRAPPY weather. I'll give a full, honest opinion about it once I've tried it...

RP
I sure hope the weather turns for the better down there........... I keep waiting to hear about the NXT/#26 combo............ that $100 Meguiar's gift certificate is buring a hole in my pocket!

Last edited by Boss_429; 01-31-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Do you think AutoZone or Advanced Auto might carry this NXT? And if you don't mind me asking RP, how much did you pay for a bottle of Meguiar's NXT? Thanks.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Peacemaker
Do you think AutoZone or Advanced Auto might carry this NXT? And if you don't mind me asking RP, how much did you pay for a bottle of Meguiar's NXT? Thanks.
I would suspect that both of them will, and the price should be no more than the suggested retail on Meguiar's site of 14.99. Some of the discount stores will probably sell it a little cheaper.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks Boss. I just caught the price on the website (14.99). That's not to shabby at all. I got a feeling that we are going to have a all out debate with 01 XLT Sport on which is best, NXT or Zaino.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:33 PM
I got a feeling that we are going to have a all out debate with 01 XLT Sport on which is best, NXT or Zaino.
Oh no............. please no debates! I'm still not over last years!

Old 01-31-2004, 01:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Boss_429
Oh no............. please no debates! I'm still not over last years!
Well, all I can say is that I've already read about some 'Zainoids' saying that they're going to make the switch.

Burning a hole in your pocket? Well well well... I'll take it off your hands to ease your pain.

RP

Old 01-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Well, I just checked with AutoZone, and they don't have it. I didn't ask the guy behind the counter when they'll be getting any in. But I'll keep checking back to see if they have it next week sometime. I can't wait!

Old 01-31-2004, 03:38 PM
I got a feeling that we are going to have a all out debate with 01 XLT Sport on which is best, NXT or Zaino.
Actually I am awaiting for RockPick and/or Boss’s assessment of the NXT after they get a chance to use it.

I have two concerns that will hopefully be answered by one of them or someone who actual tries it out.

First, if it will give a great shine like Zaino with “out” the need of a buffer. Second, how durable it is, I would imagine that since it is a synthetic like Zaino it should be quite durable.

My main concern for the durability is because of long winters here in New Hampshire with all the salt and cold weather. Rarely is there a warm enough day on the weekend to actual wash the truck by hand let alone put a coat of polish on.

If it is as durable as Zaino, which I can’t see why it would not be, and can be used without a buffer and get an excellent shine I am willing to try it out.

The buffer part is what scares me, if I don’t need to use one I am not going to, just to worried about swirl marks etc. I am very happy with the results I get from Zaino, but not close minded that I wouldn’t try something else out and see what kind of results I get.

Here is a question for RockPick, Boss or anyone else that may know. Zaino has Z2 which is basically for light colored vehicles, and the Z5 for dark colored vehicles, so the question is how does the NXT perform on light and dark colored vehicles?

Old 01-31-2004, 04:17 PM
First of all, if some of us are referred to as "Zainoids", what would one refer to Mequiars users as ???........... sometimes the comments make Zaino users sound like freaks...........

As for the NXT, I too will be interested in some user comments regarding durability......... and about buffer use with it. I do have a buffer but since changing to Zaino, I haven't even had it outta the box...... and don't wish to get it out either.

I'm sure Mequiars NXT will be a quality product, as most of their stuff is........

Old 01-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport

The buffer part is what scares me, if I don’t need to use one I am not going to, just to worried about swirl marks etc. I am very happy with the results I get from Zaino, but not close minded that I wouldn’t try something else out and see what kind of results I get.

Here is a question for RockPick, Boss or anyone else that may know. Zaino has Z2 which is basically for light colored vehicles, and the Z5 for dark colored vehicles, so the question is how does the NXT perform on light and dark colored vehicles?

No need to use a buffer with NXT. Some people are saying that it makes the finish a little glossier.............. but I'm sure the same thing can ge accomplished by hand. Besides, the buffer that people are using is a PC, and it's almost impossible to put swirl marks on the paint with a PC............. although, it can be done, but can also be done by hand just as easy. The PC is about as safe as it gets.

As for the light/dark paint issue................. I really can't say for sure just yet. I've seen a lot of pics of light and dark colored vehilces using the NXT, and they both look great. However, if I were to guess, I would say NXT would look a tad better on dark colored vehicles, as people are saying that it darkens the paint, which doesn't help light colors much. Still, the light colored vehicles I've seen have looked good. However, they are just pics, and it's tough to tell.

Old 01-31-2004, 04:56 PM
Hmmmmmmm, no buffer needed. I am seriously going to consider trying this NXT. Heck maybe I will do the durability test with it right before next winter.

So, another question, if I were to try this I have heard that you can “not” strip synthetic polishes off like you can wax with Dawn dish washing soap.

If that is indeed true, then what, if any harm would there be to applying the NXT over the Zaino? Granted if I were to do this, at least with my current truck, the Zaino would have been on for about 5 months with no additional coats.

Another nice thing would be the ability to go down to an auto parts store and buy it when I need it instead of having to order it and wait. I will say that it doesn’t take long to get the Zaino, but it would sure be nice just to drive down and re-supply when needed…

Oh, and RockPick, NO you have not converted me yet, as I am still very satisfied with the results I get with Zaino…

Old 01-31-2004, 05:05 PM
Nope, you can't strip off all of Zaino, or most good synthetics with Dawn.

I'm sure there would be no harm in putting the NXT over the "Z"! Heck, they may even be compatible? As a matter of fact, I know somebody who has, and is very pleased with the results.

Anyhow, I would try it................ of course, "I" try everything!

Quick Reply: New Meguiar's wax?