Are VIKING 100% cotton terry towels any good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are VIKING 100% cotton terry towels any good?

I'd thought I'd ask here since the search function is under construction. I picked up a 3-pack of these towels at Auto-Zone today for 2 or 3 bucks. I've been reading alot about microfiber towels lately, and was just wondering if these VIKING towels are any good for polishing or removing wax safely without causing swirlmarks in my paint? Or should I buy some microfibers? Where can a man find any good microfiber towels?

Old 02-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Re: Are VIKING 100% cotton terry towels any good?

Originally posted by Peacemaker
I'd thought I'd ask here since the search function is under construction. I picked up a 3-pack of these towels at Auto-Zone today for 2 or 3 bucks. I've been reading alot about microfiber towels lately, and was just wondering if these VIKING towels are any good for polishing or removing wax safely without causing swirlmarks in my paint? Or should I buy some microfibers? Where can a man find any good microfiber towels?
Peacemaker,

I don't know...................... that seems really inexpensive. I've always found that you get what you pay for. I'd be very suspicious that the towels are 100% cotton, and even if they are, I bet they don't have much "knapp" to pull the dirt in, and get it away from your paint. They might be "OK" towels for chrome and stuff............ but probably not on paint.

If you want to insure a minimum amount of swirls, and maximum results on your paint finish............... don't scrimp on ANYTHING that touches it.

Here are some great places to get quality MF towels:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/mictow.html

http://www.poorboysworld.com/microfiber.htm

http://www.pakshak.com/

There are other good ones, but that should help you out.

Old 02-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Peacemaker,

I've seen the towels that you're talking about... if you want my opinion, save your money.

They're average... not good. I'd only use a towel like that when detailing a wheel well or something like that...

Boss was right, they don't have much knap on them to be able to protect a grain of sand or similar to keep it from being drug back and forth across your finish. In short, they aren't 'plush' enough.

Save that money and make a trip down to your local department store when they're having a mega-towel blowout. Find the softest 100% cotton terry towel that you can find and buy a few. I prefer white towels but, the color really doesn't matter...

RP

Old 02-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Thanks Boss.

RP,

I may end up doing just that.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Peacemaker
Thanks Boss.

RP,

I may end up doing just that.
Be careful these two can talk you into things you wouldn’t think possible. Just last week I ordered some MF towels.

Haven’t had the opportunity to use them yet but all I can say is DAMN, where have these towels been all my life…

Old 02-11-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Be careful these two can talk you into things you wouldn’t think possible. Just last week I ordered some MF towels.

Haven’t had the opportunity to use them yet but all I can say is DAMN, where have these towels been all my life…

I heard dat.

Old 02-11-2004, 06:30 AM

Which towels did you get?

Old 02-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Moderator &

LMAO... did he just classify us as 'Those Two'? LOL!

Old 02-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Which towels did you get?
I'll have to look when I get home, it was the ones "You two" LOL recommended. It was one big one for drying, 2 blue ones for other things like drying, and two for just buffing with...

Old 02-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Moderator &

So, he got one WW, two big plush blues, and two DFTs.

Old 02-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
So, he got one WW, two big plush blues, and two DFTs.
Yep, that's the ticket...

Old 02-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Yep, that's the ticket...
Outstanding!

Old 02-11-2004, 06:03 PM
RockPick recommended micros awhile ago to me and same thing, WOW, and HOLY CHIT! did they do a nice job?. i found out that the best way to find a good micro is to actually touch it. i'm not one to use hand lotion so my hands are quite rough. the better the micro, the more it will cling to your dry skin. i've seen them at wally hell, (wal-mart) and other gerneric auto supply stops, and they don't cling as well as the ones i bought from a body shop, along with the show car glaze, thanks again RP. i took some pics of my ride and will post them soon!

Old 02-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Moderator &

No problem buddy... glad to have helped.

RP

Old 02-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, I've heard enough. You've finally got me interested (suckered?) and I just have to know where to buy a few of these bad boys. I'm assuming these towels are the same amazing things they use at our local "touchless" car wash where the cute "wash wench" uses just one little towel to completely dry the whole truck. Tell me more!

Quick Reply: Are VIKING 100% cotton terry towels any good?