MF Towels – RockPick & Boss

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Premium drying towel

You have to have that one…

This one as well as the one's RockPick listed are all from the same site.

Old 02-15-2004, 03:49 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I will order a few of them soon. I hope you are enjoying the new truck 01 XLT Sport. It is a sweet truck from the pics I have seen. Sorry that the SD did not work out RP... a F-250 XLT Crew Cab short box Diesel is my dream truck. Have a good day guys!

Old 02-15-2004, 03:53 AM
Also, how many of each of those towels do you all recommend? A second question, and I will search for some threads also, but do you guys know of any threads and/or web sites with information about using these towels? Thanks a lot and have a good one.

Old 02-15-2004, 09:24 AM
GreenBuck50,

To start out, I would recommend getting yourself one or two of the Premium Big Blue WW towels for drying. I actually prefer to one of the Big Blues to "blot" the surface dry of most of the water, and one of the grey Super Soft WW towels to lightly wipe off any excess water. Now, a lot of people laugh, or scoff at me when I take these extra measures. However, the ones that have seen my truck, and seen how "few" swirls I get............... usually don't laugh for long.

Premium Big Blue here:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/wafweavdryin.html

Super Soft here:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/platsupsofdr.html

Next, I would get yourself a couple of the Soft and Plush towels for many of your detailing chores. They are a fine all around detailing towel.

Soft and Plush 20" x 40" here:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/supplusmicto.html

Soft and Plush 16" x 16" here:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/greenmictow.html

Lastly, I would get a couple of the DFTowels for removing waxes/sealants and final QD'ing. These towels are the softest, silkiest, and safest towels I've ever used on paint.

http://www.premiumautocare.com/dfcoto.html

Here's a great article on MF towels, and at the bottom of the article it talks about how to use them. Also, keep in mind that other sites also have good selections of MF towels. I just happen to like Premium for their great service, and competitive prices.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=44

Hope this helps.

Old 02-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks a lot guys for the help. I ordered the towels last night. Hopefully they will come in soon, I can't wait to try them out. Have a good day!

Old 02-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You'll love em' Green!

Old 02-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Which would you recommend for chrome & aluminum polish (mother's brand, specifically)? Probably one of the soft & plush?

-G

Old 02-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Hey guys what kind of towel do you apply the nxt with? Just ordered my nxt today can't find it in the stores yet

Old 02-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Hey guys what kind of towel do you apply the nxt with? Just ordered my nxt today can't find it in the stores yet

Old 02-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Graphic
Which would you recommend for chrome & aluminum polish (mother's brand, specifically)? Probably one of the soft & plush?

-G
The DFT or the Soft and Plush would be my first considerations... probably the soft and plush over the DFT as I just can't see thrashing a DFT with metal polish... those towels are just too nice!

Old 02-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by fishroe
I don't think that you want to utilize a towel for the application of NXT. Definately to remove it but not apply it... You'll use too much product.

The great thing about the NXT package is that it comes with a foam applicator pad. I'd recommend utilizing that... Removing the NXT should be done with a very high pile 100% cotton terry towel or, preferrably, a high quality microfiber like the DFT or Soft and Plush.

RP

Old 03-16-2004, 09:06 AM
I can’t say enough about the microfiber towels RockPick mentioned above. I bought some on his and Boss advice and use them on my sonic blue L. I haven’t noticed any kind of scratching when using them.

The towel RockPick refers to for drying is absolutely awesome. When I first received it and see it I though no way could this towel dry the entire truck when it use to take 2 regular cotton towels (prior truck silver).

I can tell you it does indeed dry the entire truck with no problems and just feels much better going across the paint surface.

One more towel that I would recommend is this - For buffing off wax

It works excellent for buffing off the wax/polish. It is from the same site. I have one the one towel for drying as recommend by RockPick, and 3 of the blue towels and 2 of the above towels for buffing off the polish I use.

You really can not go wrong with these brand of microfiber…

Old 03-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Opps, posted in wrong thread...

Old 03-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Opps, posted in wrong thread...

Old 03-16-2004, 02:51 PM
I really feel bad for 01............. the way you pick on him............ I'm over it now though!

Quick Reply: MF Towels – RockPick & Boss