MF Towels – RockPick & Boss

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up MF Towels – RockPick & Boss

Well today I got to wash the truck with Zaino. Didn’t use the Z6 detailer since it is new paint and I don’t plan on driving it for a while (since I have to wait 30 – 45 days to polish, and we have many seagulls at work).

Anyhow I had my first opportunity to use some of the Microfiber towels that RockPick and Boss suggested.

I used the Premium drying towel (25” x 36”) and I have to say to begin with I was a little disappointed because the towel seemed kind of small compared to the regular 100% cotton bath towels I had been using.

I also use to use a minimum of 2 - 100% cotton bath towels to dry my other truck. I was thinking no way this towel that is a bit smaller then the regular cotton ones were going to do it and maybe I should have bought 2 or 3 of them.

Well as soon as I started using it I was absolutely impressed. This towel is unbelievable in how well it dries and how soft it feels going across the paint. The first thing I noticed right away was it only took one wipe and left no water behind. (it is hard to explain how the 100% cotton towels work, but they leave some water behind and it usually takes a few wipes to have the paint completely dry with no water left behind)

This was NOT the case with the Premium Microfiber drying towel, one wipe and it got all the water and left the paint completely dry. The next thing that absolutely surprised me is this one towel completely dried the entire truck and it wasn’t completely saturated with water. I was able to go back later and get the water that runs after a while from under the plastic trim, mirrors etc.

I knew neither RockPick nor Boss would stir me wrong about recommending a good Microfiber towel, and different types for different jobs but I wanted to post and let others know this was much more then I had expected. If you have any doubts whatsoever about buying and using Microfiber towels and if they will actually work then I am telling you in all honesty this is the best money you can spend…

Old 02-14-2004, 04:33 PM

Excellent! Glad you like the towels. You are really going to like the PAC plush blues, and wait until you try the DFT towels for removing the Z, and for QD'ing! You will love them!

Anyhow, RP and I, and others that make great recommendations really can't take much of the credit, as we are just passing on what others have passed on to us. This is how info on great products gets around............ word of mouth!

In the end, all the members on a site like this benefit from this kind of stuff................ that's what makes sites like F150 Online a great place!

Old 02-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad you liked them.

I had a MF moment today in that I really gave the Concours DFT a spin today (as I finally got to try NXT).

The DFT was, by far and away, the most impressive towel that I've EVER tried. I started off trying the Premium Blue MF's from PAC and got a tad frustrated by how much effort it was taking to remove my #9... after switching over to the DFT, it came off with GREAT simplicity.

So, in short, the DFTs will be used for removing polish and wax... nothing more. The Blue MF's will be my detailing MFs.

I love the DFT now that I've REALLY been able to give it a whirl. I will be ordering a few more in the VERY near future. Thanks Boss!

Boss is right though... we're just passing information along that we've read and heard. I can't take credit for it... hell, I wish I could... if I had invented MFs a few years ago, I'd already bought that KR SuperDuty.

RP

Old 02-14-2004, 05:40 PM
RP,

How did you like the DFT for removing the NXT? (if you tried it)

EDIT: BTW, once you use the DFT's for QD'ing with FD........... you may have even less uses for the other MF's!

Last edited by Boss_429; 02-14-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
RP,

How did you like the DFT for removing the NXT? (if you tried it)

EDIT: BTW, once you use the DFT's for QD'ing with FD........... you may have even less uses for the other MF's!
As thin as I applied the NXT, the DFTs and the Blues worked GREAT...

From a #9 standpoint, the blues wouldn't really touch the #9 (as I had applied it a bit to thick...even after working it until it was nearly dry)... the DFTs ripped through it.

I did use a DFT to QD the other day (well, I guess it's been a month +) and didn't really notice much of a difference, head to head, versus the blue though... I mean, it was really nice but, I liked the bigger area of the blue vs. the DFT for detail.... don't get me wrong, I liked it but, the blues will be my detail choice....

Do they make the DFT bigger?

RP

Old 02-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by RockPick

Do they make the DFT bigger?

RP
Yep, they make a 36" x 20" DFT........... I have a couple!

Old 02-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Moderator &

Yep, they make a 36" x 20" DFT........... I have a couple!
You probably got yours for free though... keyhole. I need to get on Dwayne's 'TRY THIS' list....

Old 02-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
You probably got yours for free though... keyhole. I need to get on Dwayne's 'TRY THIS' list....

EDIT: I agree on the NXT......... it removes so easy, it probably doesn't matter which towel you use. Try the same test with a carnauba!

Last edited by Boss_429; 02-14-2004 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Moderator &

EDIT: I agree on the NXT......... it removes so easy, it probably doesn't matter which towel you use. Try the same test with a carnauba!
I'll do it.

#26 is scheduled for Monday evening, pending the weather holds up like they're saying it will...

Old 02-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Thanks you two, take my thread and make me depressed with all this waxing/polishing talk ”I got to wax today, blah, blah, blah…”

Knowing I have to WAIT 30 – 45 days until I can apply some Zaino on my truck and use my other new Microfiber towels…

Rub it in fellows, rub it in…

Old 02-14-2004, 08:44 PM

Don't feel bad............. it will probably be another month or so before I can detail my vehicles. The testing with NXT I did was on a friends car. (he has a garage) Even then, we only did two panels just to get a comparison between NXT and two other products.

Old 02-14-2004, 09:55 PM
No problem Boss...

Old 02-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Between being a college student, 2 jobs, cruddy snowy weather, and other issues, I got to wash the truck yesterday afternoon after 3 weeks, and I was wondering where you guys buy these towels? I would love to try them out. If you have a web site that sells them or a company to call that would be awsesome. Thanks a lot and have a good day.

Old 02-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Moderator &

Well, ya know... I feel no pain for you 01... LOL! Today was the first time I've washed in over a month and the first time I've been able to apply any type of wax/polish in 2-3 months. No wonder I was shopping for a SD... the dealership's vehicles were clean!!!

RP

Old 02-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by GreenBuck50
..I was wondering where you guys buy these towels? I would love to try them out. If you have a web site that sells
DFT CONCOURS TOWEL

SOFT BLUE MF

Also, be sure to enter DETAILCITY in the coupon code box of your online order... it'll save you some $$...

RP

Quick Reply: MF Towels – RockPick & Boss