Got my Zaino fix....Ahhhh

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm! sounds good, and it was a mighty comfy chair that i pulled up, thanks!

Old 02-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay, I'm seated... lol...

Just like anything else, bird poo is going to be composed of mutitudes of 'things'. In your case, fish guts (along with a plethora of other goodies)... in my case, purple acidic as all hell, berries. I genuinely believe that the poo in question in my instance would etch stainless steel. I'm sure that it has a pH of less than 2. My number of coats was two to the best of my recollection... maybe three would've been the magic number but, I doubt it honestly...

Now, on to dealing with your buffer (or lack thereof) issues...

I, along with MANY others, have prooved that you simply don't have to have a buffer to obtain great results with Meguiar's. I didn't own a buffer up until about a month ago and only used it for the first time this past weekend. Elbow grease is the key. Knowing which products to use is the key. Taking your time is the key. There you have a partial set of keys... It's not difficult... just time consuming (as is Z).

My only issue with Z is that it fell short of this incredibly high pedastool that you all sat it up and upon. It didn't have anywhere else to go but down. Fortunately, folks have had both good and bad experiences with Meguiar's thus, I don't have to worry about selling it as a perfect product. To date, there isn't such a thing on the market in my opinion... they all have a pro and a con side. The pro to Z was longevity... the con was a suran wrapped look that didn't have depth IMO. I've always had the shine and depth with #26 and, up until this past weekend, figured it'd be the product that I'd use for a LONG time to come.

Enter NXT.

NXT, so far, has been a joy to deal with. Easy on, easy off. Great shine with depth and only a slight touch of that suran wrap look that synthetics tend to deliver. The jury is out on durability but, as I've said so many times before, this isn't an issue for me as I'm waxxing/polishing about every month. I do plan on topping the NXT with #26 to attempt to give it more depth (as it does have a very slight suran look). I anticipate that the carnauba, coupled with the power of a synthetic, will be perfect. We shall see....

RP

Old 02-18-2004, 12:08 AM
well RP, i'm seated and standing by for a reply on the NXT. wait, is that possible? to be seated and standing by? anyway, i was wondering if i was to use a D.F.T. with a M.F. on my X.L.T., while using N.X.T. that i bought from P.A.C., should i use it A.S.A.P.? B.T.W., I.L.M.A.O. at all these acrynyms here! enough already!! i'm refering to the MF thread!!

Old 02-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
BostonCowboy you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

My last truck was Harvest Gold and my wifes is Teador Red (sp?). I first used Z5 and my wifes truck looked awesome and mine looked as good as it possibly could being a lighter color. This round I tried the Z2 which was thier new mix. IMO the Z5 looked better on her Expedition. I am going to go back to Z5, my order of Z5 should be here today.

I also ordered $150.00 worth of Zaino for a couple of my work trucks/cars. I will be putting it on an orange F250, Dark Blue Explorer and a Dark Green Taurus. I will be using Z5 on all of these. I have been using Meguiars on these and it just does not last for ***** (Sorry Rock).

Old 02-19-2004, 06:57 AM
MY fix will be here today! Weather here in mid Feb is simply amazing and at 65 degrees.... that means bring out the Zaino. Got a new supply and am anxious to give both my vehicles (bright red 97 F150, Toredor Red 97 F150) a thorough Z-job........

Ah, I feel the rush as I shake the bottle............

Quick Reply: Got my Zaino fix....Ahhhh