Got my Zaino fix....Ahhhh

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Zaino fix....Ahhhh

Got my Zaino fix....Ahhhh....I'm OK now.

I had yesterday off and the wife went out for the day. Quick trip to the local Car Wash, pull her into the garage and fired up the propane heater. With 250,000 BTU's, I was in a T-shirt in no time (15 deg outside). Three coats later the shakes stopped. At least she looked good for a day. The dust bowl here at work will have her trashed by the end of the day.

Old 02-17-2004, 08:21 AM
BostonCowboy,

Looks great!
I'm glad you got your "Z" fix. 01XLTSport will be envious...as am I. My garage is tiny and filled with "stuff". I'm still waiting for signs of spring <sigh>.

Old 02-17-2004, 08:48 AM
It looks really sharp! Good luck with your "Z".

Be careful though, as you can "OD" on "Z"!

Old 02-17-2004, 09:16 AM
BostonCowboy you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t Zaino for at least another 27 days due to waiting for some new paint to cure.

Anyway, I see you have a dark colored truck. I had silver before and only used Z2. I have some new Z2 as well as some Z5. I have always read that Z5 is best for dark colors and Z2 for light colors.

I now have a Sonic Blue truck so now I am trying to decide just how to polish it. I have read on a few occasions that some use a few coats of Z5 then follow that up with some Z2 and get a great shine.

So my question to you is how do you Zaino your truck? Z5 or Z2, or both and what kind of combination?

Old 02-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good and I'm really glad you posted a picture so that Burt is jealous....

Old 02-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01 XLT Sport,

Awesome looking truck - even without the Zaino! Maybe if you just clench a bullet between your teeth for another 27 days? At least you can mash the gas any time you want!

Old 02-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 2stroked
01 XLT Sport,

Awesome looking truck - even without the Zaino! Maybe if you just clench a bullet between your teeth for another 27 days? At least you can mash the gas any time you want!
We need to start a thread making sure that 01 XLT knows how long it's going to take until he can Z his truck... LMAO! That way the days get longer ... to the point that he can't stand it anymore and has to go out and smack a coat of Meguiar's #7 on it (body shop safe...no silicones!)

RP

Old 02-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Maybe he could Z something else in the mean time? Now that would be a thread worth starting. Imagine the possibilities ...

Old 02-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Well because of people like you not only can I NOT polish my truck with Zaino, I haven’t even driven it to work since I got it back from the body shop. Last 2 days have been nice, cold as a ****, but nice with no salt on the road etc.

Now that I have become **** like RockPick and others and since I can NOT put some Zaino on my truck there is no way in hell I am bringing it to work yet because of all the seagulls (nasty birds) crap all over the place.

The other truck did pretty well, usually only some bird crap maybe once every other week but it had PROTECTION, it had 3 coats of Zaino…

Zaino works damn good against bird crap, it would come right off no problem and no etching or anything into the paint. I would wash it as soon as I got home. Even in the summer heat it wouldn’t hurt the paint, but I am sure that is true of any good polish/wax with a few good coats…

Freaking NASTY *** BIRD’S and can’t ZAINO, this SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Maybe you could Zaino the birds? ****? Bird Poop? Get it? Boy, this thread is heading right down the tubes!

Did I remind you, only 27 more days?

Old 02-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Zaino works damn good against bird crap, it would come right off no problem and no etching or anything into the paint.

...ZAINO...SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I don't want to start the whole bird chit debate but, I have a tiny place on my tailgate that got etched and was Zaino'd. You might recall the 'ZAINO DID NOT PROTECT' thread that I started... bottom line is this, nothing can protect against every variety of every environmental condition in every condition... You're going to have breakdown of some sort with something using any type of protection...

Oh yeah... I don't think Zaino Sucks like you mentioned Burt. Sounds like the fumes from the painting coupled with past Z exposure is begining to push you over the edge... You might need professional help. Just a tidbit of advice from friend to friend.

RP

Old 02-17-2004, 05:05 PM
alrighty, what the hell is zaino and why is it so good? and why is rockpick talking about that stuff! i thought you were the meguire's guru!?

Old 02-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Willie Dynomite
alrighty, what the hell is zaino and why is it so good? and why is rockpick talking about that stuff! i thought you were the meguire's guru!?
I am a Meguiar's guru... no denying that. I tried Zaino a while back and liked it but, it fell short of my expectations...

Do a search for Zaino. You're going to get thousands of hits.

RP

Old 02-17-2004, 07:27 PM
RockPick I do remember a little about your bout with a freaking bird and its aftermath upon your tailgate.

How many coats did you have on it? I realize, as you say, that regardless how good a product may be it will not protect the paint completely. However with at least 3 coats on my silver truck I had there was at least 3 times a nice big seagull aftermath that could not be washed off until I got home. So it sat there in the sun for approx. 6 hours.

After washing at looking at every conceivable angle I never seen any marks left, no etching etc. Maybe it was having 3 coats? I don’t know, but I do know that bird crap on my truck never etched the paint. Perhaps I was lucky…

Old 02-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Willie Dynomite
Pull up a chair my friend and let’s have a friendly neighbor Zaino discussion…

Many years back right here on this very site Zaino was recommended to me. I was looking for a good polish/wax that would give me some good protection and a nice shine and if possible without having to use a buffer.

I had seen vehicles with Meguiars used and they looked absolutely beautiful. I tried it many times with poor results. I later found out that was due to not using a buffer.

Anyhow I tried the Zaino and loved it. No buffer is required and actually if you use a buffer, from all my readings, it doesn’t do much of anything to the shine. Zaino is a synthetic polish and thus last much longer then ordinary waxes which proved it self the past few winters. 3 coats of Zaino lasted me for 6 months no problems at all.

However, now Meguiars has a synthetic polish out as well, it’s NXT of which RockPick and Boss could tell you all about. I can not imagine it being much different from Zaino so if you’re a current Meguiars user I would recommend it based on my like of Zaino synthetic polish.

If you don’t use Meguiars you might want to consider still using the NXT as I am sure it may be a bit less money then Zaino and you can find it a lot easier at auto stores. Zaino is mail order only unless you’re lucky to have a distributor near by.

Quick Reply: Got my Zaino fix....Ahhhh