Poorboy's Spray and Wipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Poorboy's Spray and Wipe

I finally had a good opportunity to experiment with Poorboy's Spray and Wipe product today and I must say, I'm VERY impressed.

This product topped Boss's favorite products of 2003 list that was posted in a thread earlier this year. Immediately, I knew I was missing something so, I compiled a $100 order to Premium Auto Care including the S&W.

Today's situation was caused by a heavy coating of dust from a jobsite where I was doing some work. The US Army Corp of Engineers Louisville Division is in the process of having an essential Lock and Dam rebuilt along the Ohio River. Naturally, my client is generating a large amount of dust and, after sitting down there for several hours, my truck had a VERY thick coating.

At this point, I figured I had two options. The first would be to simply wash the truck... the second, to give this product that had been sitting in my closet a whirl. Fortunately, I had thought about this before going down there so, I had the S&W in the truck with me...

Well, I bit the bullet and tried it.

This product is marketed towards those instances where you don't feel comfortable using a detailing spray because the vehicle is too dirty but, it's not so dirty that you want to give it a full wash.

I reluctantly drove the vehicle offsite and found a parking lot where it was sunny (another plus for this product... it can be used in direct sunlight and on a hot truck... it contains NO wax).

I sprayed it on with a light mist from the bottle and allowed it to sit for a few moments (less than a minute) and then proceeded to wipe the truck down. Instantly, I noticed that the S&W seemed to 'lift' the individual grains of dust up and off of the vehicle's paint. This, of course, will help to prevent scratching (swirls/spider marks). I wiped the vehicle down and **BAM** I couldn't believe how good it worked...

This would've been an instance where I wouldn't have even given a thought to Meguiar's Final Detail spray... I would've washed the truck...

Specifications from Poorboy's World's Site

Spray & Wipe is a waterless car wash you can use as quick 15 minute solution for your dirty vehicle. If you have heavy dust or road spray, simply wash with Spray & Wipe without dragging out a bucket or hose. Just spray on and wipe clean. Does not contain any wax or abrasives.

USE IN SUN OR SHADE
JUST SPRAY & WIPE
WILL NOT SCRATCH
HAS NO ABRASIVES
HAS NO WAX
SAFE FOR CLEARCOATS
SAFE FOR ALL PAINTS
USE IN THE SUN
USE ON GLASS
USE ON CHROME
USE ON CONVERTIBLE TOPS
USE ON POLISHED ALUMINUM
USE ON WHEELS
USE AS YOUR CAR WASH
REMOVES DUST, DIRT, WATER SPOTS, ROAD GRIME, FRESH TAR, SAP & BIRD DROPPINGS

The price is right too... 32 oz for $10 is more than worth it. I only utilized about 1.5 oz to do my entire truck.

Kudos to Poorboy's for a great product and finding a niche in the market that is relatively untouched! Poorboy's S&W will always be in my vehicle!

Check it out, you won't be upset!

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 02-17-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RP,

Again, glad you liked the stuff! I buy the S & W by the gallon! It's nice to be able to do a wipe down with the S & W without washing, and go right to the Final Detail, or even another coat of wax. REALLY a time saver, and a swirl saver!

Old 02-18-2004, 06:06 AM
RP,

Thanks for the review. With strong recommendations from Boss_429 and you, it sounds like a must add for the care care "wish list". What kind of towel did you use to wipe with...soft and plush MF?

Thanks,
John

Old 02-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Moderator &

Yep. Soft and Plush.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:32 AM
I agree......... the "plusher" the better when cleaning a fairly dirty surface with the S & W. The thick knapp pulls the dirt up into the MF, rather than just sitting on it!

Old 02-19-2004, 02:26 PM
I have a couple gallons of S&W. I love this stuff! I use the large PAC 20x40 MF with it, I love using it in the sun too.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Moderator &

I've definately convinced myself that I need to start ordering this stuff by the gallon now... I wanted to give it a whirl and, after buying the medium bottle (w/sprayer), I KNOW I need more...

Guess I'm going to have to put together another PAC order!

RP

Trending Topics

Old 02-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RANCH4x4ES
I have a couple gallons of S&W. I love this stuff! I use the large PAC 20x40 MF with it, I love using it in the sun too.
Yea, that's another thing I like about the S & W. I can drive home from work, and the paint is still very warm to the touch, and I can still S & W the vehicle! As a matter of fact, it actually "cleans" better when the paint surface is warm. If you try that with most other QD's, it's.......... guaranteed streaks!

Old 03-15-2004, 11:25 AM
how would this product affect a truck with a synthetic wax (NXT, Zaino, etc.)?

Old 03-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Graphic
Won't hurt it at all. The S & W is designed not to remove wax or sealant.

Old 03-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
Won't hurt it at all. The S & W is designed not to remove wax or sealant.
Just like Boss mentioned, it won't hurt at all. Great stuff... My next order involving this stuff will be the tune of a gallon.

RP

Old 03-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Graphic
After I wax with any product I always seem to miss a few spots. I like to use a little S&W after every job just to make sure I get ALL the excess wax off.

Old 03-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Moderator &

I used S&W this morning before heading out to work as I had a light 'spray' on my truck from a late light rain yesterday morning before the soccer games that I had to referee....

Anyway, after using the S&W, I noticed a very slight haze that was easily removed by going back over it with a MF. Further, I went back over the entire vehicle with FD with a MF...

Anyone else seen that slight haze? That's the VERY first time I've ever seen it and I'm just wondering what I was seeing...

RP

Old 03-16-2004, 12:24 AM
I think that haze is from a little too much product.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:18 AM
RP,

Could have been too "wet" from the combination of water and S & W. Sounds like the towel wasn't able to pick it up on the first pass?

Quick Reply: Poorboy's Spray and Wipe