Meguiar's Citri-Gel

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguiar's Citri-Gel

Another product that I was able to try this past weekend was Meguiar's Citri-Gel. This product is part of the 'Detailers Line' of Meguiar's products and is only available by the gallon (or case of 4, 1-gallon containers).

This is a multi-purpose cleaner that was recommended to me by Boss_429 and, yet again, he was dead on with this product recommendation!

I purchased the Citri-Gel from [http://store.premiumautocare.net/mecimucl.html]Premium Auto Care[/url] for $15.95 for a gallon. As you know, buying in bulk is a HUGE advantage from a cost standpoint... this is no exception.

I used the Citri-Gel on all of my tires and my wheel wells (which were HELLISHLY DIRTY). I allowed the gel to sit on the tires for about 4 minutes and I gently aggitated the gel with a nylon bristled brush. After another 2 or 3 minutes, I rinsed the wheels with a steady stream of water. To my astonishment, the wheels were nearly PERFECT!! I repeated this procedure in the wheel wells and I couldn't believe the amount of 'goop' that poured out of the wells.

Once dry, I noticed that the wells were nearly clean enough to eat off of!!! I went back over them with some Meguiar's #40 Vinyl Protectant and they looked like they were BRAND NEW!

This is a great product! You will need to furnish your own spray bottle with a 'high-volume' type of spray nozzle as it is a 'thicker' product that is designed to be sprayed (when it hits it's mark, it sticks, very little running like Westley's Bleach White etc..).

Give it a try the next time you need a very high-quality multi-purpose cleaner. The next area that I plan to tackle is the engine compartment...

RP

Old 02-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you like it RP. I love how you can spray that stuff on, let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes, and it is still on there emulsifying the dirt when you come back to it!

Are you diluting it at all?

Old 02-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
Are you diluting it at all?
Forgot to mention that... I'm going 2:1.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Will this stuff work on the KR running boards?

Ron

Old 02-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by normikg
Will this stuff work on the KR running boards?

Ron
Ron,

It says on the web site that it's safe for aluminum, paint, rubber, and plastic. It's also safe for use in the engine compartment. Therefore, I don't see why you couldn't use it on the running boards. I would try a little first though, just to be sure.

Old 02-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Moderator &

Yep... it'll work on the KR Running Boards.... no problem. I'm not sure how well it'll work on the 'texture' of the vinyl though... you'll definately have to hit it with a brush or something to work the stuff down into the texture...

RP

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Citri-Gel