Buffer marks on new truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffer marks on new truck

Picked my new truck up on Feb. 7. Today , Feb. 28, I washed it for the second time, 1st time in the day light. And i noticed what looks to be buffer burn marks in 3 different spots. Does the factory buff the trucks or dealer prep? Also since its been about 3 weeks what can i expect my dealed to do for me? Will try to post pics.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/...w.cfm?num=5637

Last edited by deeluxe; 02-28-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:04 PM
sorry the pics are not the greatest.

Old 02-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't believe that the factory does anything like that but, I may be wrong... My hunch is that it's another botched dealer prep job.

I'd take it to them and see what they will do for you... you have a $30K+ truck sitting outside and it shouldn't have anything like that! Good luck and please let us know what you manage...

RP

Old 02-28-2004, 08:06 PM
deeluxe,

Well, I'm not quite sure what those marks are, without seeming them up close. I doubt the dealer took a rotary to you vehicle, unless they were trying to hide some nicks and scratches........ and that is possible.

Anyhow, I would tell them about it, but I would want them to touch the vehicle again and attempt to fix them. Most dealerships aren't that good at paint polishing/detailing.

I see by the pics, that you are also starting to get some spider web scratches already. Therefore, you may want to take the truck to a reputable pro detailer, or tackle the job yourself.

Old 03-02-2004, 01:37 AM
The factory does not have time to color sand and buff every vehicle that comes throught the assembly line. I am going to have to agree with BOSS 429 the delar might have been trying to hide some scratches. Good news is you can get them out.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Occasionally

IF a vehicle's paint get's damaged during the assembly process at the factory, they will set it aside to buff out minor paint problems. Dont know if that's what happened on this specific truck but it's not unheard of.

Old 03-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Is the truck in the pics black? I have an 03 Screw that is black and it looks a little like that. I think the dealer did it in prep. I am going to try a detail shop to get rid of those little swirl mark looking scratches. Does anyone know of a good detail shop in the south shore area (Massachusetts), I was going to try Extreme Clean in Weymouth but I would prefer a reccomendation first.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Looks to me like compond marks.
Someone used a fairly course abrasive with a cutting pad. Then didn't follow up with finishing compond and Finish pad.

These should polish out with the right pad compond combo.

Quick Reply: Buffer marks on new truck