Ok my black truck needs waxing,what is the best,Cherry Wet,Meg #26,NXT

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ok my black truck needs waxing,what is the best,Cherry Wet,Meg #26,NXT

I use usually,Nu-Finish or Meg liquid cleaner and wax. I don't want to do the clay bar or alot of work,I just want a wax or polish that goes on easy,comes off easy,shines and LASTS ! Maybe im asking too much,lol.It seems as though this truck is dirty all the time just sitting in my driveway,is there a polish that takes away static ? How long do the above waxes hold up ? Thanks I thought of buying a white truck but I just cant justify getting rid of my 01 s/c with 20K miles on it and it looks so nice when it is clean.Im sure white has its drawbacks too! Thanks guys

Old 03-02-2004, 11:25 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no experience with Nufinish, but have used Meg cleaner wax. Not the greatest products. If you want an easy to use combo for modest money, S100 Shine Enhancing Cleaner is a nice easy to use, low effort polsih/cleaner for $9/bottle. I find it much more useful than Meguiars #9. S100 paste wax is $15/jar and is as easy as wiping on and wipe off before it dries or hazes. Protection for 45-60 days on average. Both S100 products should be found at local bike store,s like Harley Davidson. Another "wax" to try is Meguiars NXT. It is a cheap, easy to use sealant that should last twice as long as most carnubas uder the same conditions.

Old 03-03-2004, 01:38 PM
ZAINO

Old 03-03-2004, 02:47 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like Zaino, but it is not cheap, not readily availible, and takes a while to learn about and perfect the process.

Old 03-03-2004, 03:01 PM
As much as I like Zaino............... and I do like it. It's not my first choice on Black, and other dark colors. APT suggestions/recommendations were good ones, as they always are.

On an added note, having had a black truck, I would add that you want to concentrate on proper washing/drying/polishing/waxing/QD'ing tools, and techniques as much as what products to use. Black is a bugger to keep the swirls/spider webs minimized.................. and that a big part of the secret to keeping black, and other dark paints looking great!

Old 03-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've never tried Nu-Finish either but, I suspect it's average stuff...

The bottom line is that you're going to have to try several products and get to know them.... ultimately, a favorite will develop.

For me, thus far, Meguiar's sits atop my list but, I've been open minded to a few other products out there... I've tried them... just kept coming back to Meguiar's #9 and #26 combo (or MPPP).

Find something that *YOU* like and use it....

RP

Old 03-03-2004, 03:37 PM
I used to use Nu-finish awhile back and liked it. I remember Consumer Reports did a test years ago and Nu-finish came out on top.

IMO, Zaino is the way to go if you are looking for ease and a lasting shine......

Now let the 500 reply, 5000 view: Wax vs Zaino thread begin....

Quick Reply: Ok my black truck needs waxing,what is the best,Cherry Wet,Meg #26,NXT