Polish ? for the Guru's

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Willie,

One other thing you want to consider. Normally, sealants are more durable than carnauba's. You could always do something similar to what RP, and many others do (like me ) ............ build a durability foundation with the sealant, and then top with carnauba. Adding the carnauba will give the finish back some of that "rich" look............ and the more you add, the more the carnauba will take over the appearance.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:22 PM
OK

A year ago went with Zaino and have been happy with it.

Mequiar's comes out with NXT Tech Wax so I had to try it.

I did the whole deal:
Washed with Dawn
Removed all specs of tar etc from my wife's white Camry
Clay Barred the whole car
Re-washed the car again with Dawn
Used my new PC 7424 with Meguiar's #9
Put on two coats of NXT

Car looks pretty darn good, but I was just a bit dissapointed. I thought it would look a bit better. So I checked the threads again and Boss and RP both use #26 over the top to make it look better. BUT, doesn't #26 do it's best on dark or medium colored cars? Is there another product that might do better on a white car?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 03-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tom,

Not sure what to tell you on white. Pretty much any decent product out there on the market will make darker colors get deeper... white is a different beast.

Have you tried #26? (if so, don't draw judgement until day TWO after applying (apply Sunday, evaluate Tuesday))

RP

Old 03-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Ya, I just couldn't help but want to try

So I got some #26 and first I put four coats on the drivers side half of the hood. Couldn't tell the difference. So I just went a head and put a coat on the roof and the trunk just to protect the NXT base.

The car looks good. My wife is very pleased. I just wanted to get it to look as good as my truck. Apples and oranges here. My truck is a well cared for 2003 SC in Arizona Biege........Her Camry is a WHITE 98 Toyota with 110,000 miles on it.

Anyway, I will wait for a couple of days and see if I can see a difference, but I went and coated both halves of the hood now. I still have some areas I can compare tho.

Tom

Old 03-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn't notice much of a difference after the initial application either Tom. It took a day or two before I actually saw a difference

Today, I noted a slightly different appearance in the way the rain water was beading on my hood where the 'half and half' test remains in effect (half NXT only, half NXT topped with #26). The #26 side had larger 'beads'. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing but, none the less, an interesting observation I thought.

The AZ Beige is a color that tends to be pretty easy to make pop. The metallic flake along with the light color really attract depth with a quality polish like Z whereas the white is... well, difficult to make 'pop'.

You're right, it is very much like comparing Kiwi Fruit to Mangos (sorry, I don't care much for Apples or Oranges... LOL!) but, it sounds like you're giving both products a very fair shake. I can't promise you that you'll see a big difference with the #26 but, I can certainly attest that I did notice a difference... it wasn't HUGE but, no doubt a difference.

Keep us posted!

RP

Old 03-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Meguiar's has a listing on their labels of the aggressiveness of their products from 1 to 10, with 10 being the most aggressive.
After reading this I looked at my bottle of #9.....DUH..... I never noticed the scale on the label before

Old 03-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Bri9801
After reading this I looked at my bottle of #9.....DUH..... I never noticed the scale on the label before
Yep, and if you go to this page..........

http://www.dealergoodies.com/page291.html

You'll see how the #9 relates to other products in the Meguiar's line.............. based on that scale.

Quick Reply: Polish ? for the Guru's